Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I keep seeing reference to these every now and then, but it's not in the codex. :/ Any official information about use of Wraithlords with Harlies?

Oh, and when it comes to Jetbikes, which is preferrable? DE jetbikes or Eldar?

EDIT: And do Harlequins even have Super Heavies?

·
señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
I keep seeing reference to these every now and then, but it's not in the codex. :/ Any official information about use of Wraithlords with Harlies?
I think its in the EO codex but im not sure.

DE Reaver Jetbikes are so much better then Eldar ones IMHO. DE jetbikes have a better statline, they are less pts, have better special rules, and have better standard and upgraded weapons. The only thing better about Eldar Jetbikes is there save is better.

I don't think so but I could be wrong.

Ben

·
LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
Swordy said:

1) The Harlequin "Wraithlord" is called a Spiritwalker. It can be found in, not only the EO version of the codex, but also one of the Citadel Journals.. I forget the exact number, but I believe it may be #44.

2) If you consider those journals to be official, then yes. :yes:

3) DE Jetbikes are much better than standard Eldar Jetbikes. They hit harder in CC, have better skill, and can take Blasters... the equivalent of a short-ranged Dark/Bright Lance. The only drawback is their slightly worse save, but they are much better, IMO.

4) I don't think so, no. I don't think they even have any vehicle that could be classified as "heavy".. heck, the only vehicle I know of for them is the Venom.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, is there a online reference to this I can use when I need to "prove" it's legality? And how is it difference from the regular WLs? I meant in appearance.

Oh, and in regards to the jetbikes? I meant for use in conversion to harle bikes. :X

·
señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
So, is there a online reference to this I can use when I need to "prove" it's legality?
Well really, its not legal. You have to always ask your opponent if you can use Harlequins before the game and in most tournies they're not allowed.

And how is it difference from the regular WLs? I meant in appearance.
Im not sure; I haven't actually seen a Harlequin Wraithlord. I tried searching google and I found some of these which might help.

http://www.tanelornwgc.org/albums/album44/aad.thumb.jpg

http://dragyn.fnet.nu/thumbnails/harliwl1_jpg.jpg

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Harlequin_Dreadnought.gif

Some of them are small and kind've hard to see but it's all I could find. The last one I think was the best of them all.

Oh, and in regards to the jetbikes? I meant for use in conversion to harle bikes.
Conversion wise it'd probally be better to use the Eldar Jetbike to convert with because to me it just seems more "Harlequin" like.

Ben

·
LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
Swordy said:
Well, I meant legal as in as legal as the actual Harle codex. :p
It's not included in the Harlie codex - it's a supplementary in the Citadel Journals, so, you will probably have to check with your opponents first.

As for appearance, there is no standard model - most conversions that I've seen make it simply look more acrobatic and less static. Some people use the Harlequin Jetbike plate as a face for it.

And to go with the Harlequin Jetbike conversions, a standard Eldar Jetbike would be best, as they are, technically, riding on Eldar Jetbikes according to the fluff/armoury and such. :yes:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I believe it is legal to take harlies with dark eldar or ulthwe in the Eye of Terror campaign without your opponent's approval, but only in this campaign.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
Gnat23 said:
You can take Harlies as Elitie choices for Eldar and Dark Eldar for any mission, as long as stated before, you are allowed to use them.
No, you aren't.

You must have your opponent's consent - they are not Chapter Approved. They are not an official codex. Your opponent can refuse to allow you to use them at any point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lost Nemesis said:
No, you aren't.

You must have your opponent's consent - they are not Chapter Approved. They are not an official codex. Your opponent can refuse to allow you to use them at any point.
Correct, which is why I clearley stated: As said before if you are allow to used them. The unoffical codex from GW clearly states this on page 5.

·
Registered
128 Posts
just some info...

Harley Wraithlords have the mask of fear.. and a holo feild. Which makes them more special lol. They can also weild the D-Cannon.

As for Heavy Weapons, no they don't. According the fluff, they travel through the warp and big machines only slow them down. So they just loot vehichels on the way and dress 'em up Harley style. (Although I don't get why anyone would take a looted vehichel. I mean, the rules to play with them just suck.)

And Here is a pic of a harlequin Wraithlord. I actually like this conversion.

Oh, forgot this pic.

·
Registered
128 Posts
They are not my conversions lol. Just FYI so by all means I was not taking credit. I was just mearly summing up what everyone was arguing about and gave some big noticable pictures for you. I hope I helped.

·
Registered
43 Posts
As a Harlequin player, I won't use Wraithlords or looted vehicles, and I don't like seeing others using them. As far as I'm concerned, both are just thinly-veiled attempts to plug one of the holes in the Harlequin army list - the fact that they have no heavy weapons apart from the Death Jesters.

Given the Harlequins' background as a travelling troupe of anti-Chaos troubleshooters, dwelling almost exclusively in the webway, Wraithlords are completely inappropriate. They are large, slow and cumbersome - the exact opposite of the Harlequins themselves. And let's not forget of course that the Harlequins don't have spiritstones or use wraithbone, so I can't imagine how they'd either acquire a Wraithlord or animate it with the soul of a dead warrior.

And as for looted vehicles, don't even get me started on that. The idea of troupers who are the fastest and most agile of warriors, to whom battle is just one facet of the Dance Without End, voluntarily sealing themselves inside a battle tank, is just too ludicrous to even think about. And how would they even have the expertise to repair a destroyed tank? Any Space Marine vehicle would have to be a charred ruin for them to abandon its Machine Spirit, so how would Harlequins, who have no vehicle skills themselves, turn something like that back into a usable vehicle again?

·
Registered
128 Posts
The thing is... they can do what ever they want lol. I mean if they want an ellagant harlequin wraithlord, whats stopping them from putting a solitair or some other jesture in the bone... or it could just be mechanical. Also, with harlequin technology they don't have to be slow and luggish, but machines of death. I think the Wraithlord was an ok idea... not best fluff wise, but I think it works. Not everything has to be perfect.... look at some of their rules. Most are shady to understand. Why can't units be playable if the history is a bit shady. Who cares?

Looted vehichles i agree with you there, but I wouldn't say they have no experiance what so ever. I mean, they are the keepers of the black library which has info on the history of the universe... I am sure there are atleast acouple of books on ancient and enemy technology. Also, its not like they keep the techn. If they want to destroy some buildings of chaos and they find a broken down whirlwind. Why not fix it up to shoot rockets? I mean, they don't have to sit in a basalisk or some other vehichles, but if they are usefull and technology you don't have. Why not? What I don't like are the stupid rules they give them... those dumb roles where they either don't move, or automatically move. Its retarded. It can be left out, but some fluff could work. Its all in your point of view I guess.

Side note: Harleys are alot of fun and fun to paint. Why not allow them some conversions and have a little fun with their old models and tanks they don't want? Ever think about that?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good point, and like anything else it's a matter of taste. I just don't think vehicles of any kind fit in with the army background, but I know there are plenty of people who do. And some Harlequin Wraithlord conversions are gorgeous, like the ones above.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.