Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Ummm.... now i know that this is not exactly a "balanced" army list, i'm just wondering if anyone has actually tried something like it. At first, i thought it was a joke, but thinking again, it might be an effective (or at the very least valid) way to play khorne daemons.

10 Bloodletters
10 Bloodletters

16 Furies

5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds

Bloodthirster (heh heh)

So like i said, has anyone tried this? does it work? or is it just.... rude?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Hmm... Lots of puppies. And that fury unit could be very nasty and hard to deal with lol. I dont think the list would be all that superior though, The Greater Deamons arent actually that hard for most armies to deal with.
Still, if anyone actually Proxies this (I really doubt anyone will have all the right models lol) then please let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol. i figured that it would probably lose a lot... it would be kinda funny though. and definately a nasty surprise for your opponent. i'll try it out with proxies i guess

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would think that the army might do ok, except that anyone who has played against an army with more than two frenzied units is going to know exactly how to beat you. And against some armies, it won't even matter as long as they don't expose any flank charges to you - no matter how hard your flesh hounds work, one unit of dogs can't consistently beat static CR of +5, and you won't have frontage to get more than one unit in on each combat. Beating the static CR infantry blocks is all about getting flank and rear charges to take away the rank bonuses. That's the major problem with having all frenzied troops - you can't get flank charges if your opponent doesn't let you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmmm.... true! thats the downside of khorne i suppose.... but that said, once (if) the bloodletters hit the enemy, that could really helpp quite a bit. and theres the thirster... lol... he doesnt care if he hits the front or side!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bloodthirsters go *poof* on CR if they have even one bad round of combat. Never mind the fact that an opponent can lead it around by the nose for the entire game if they have a unit of flyers and you don't go first. It's quite possible to keep said Greater Daemon from even getting into combat with enough units to kill 600 VP worth of troops, and that's assuming that he doesn't die from cannon-fire at some point. The Bloodthirster might be the greatest killing machine in the game, but it has to get into combat first, and to do that it needs help, probably from a non-frenzied unit unless your opponent is really really bad or hasn't played against one before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts