Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heyya folks,

Hasten here with another little pro-tip for living like a decent human being. If you happen to sideswipe someone's pickup truck (see pic of my truck below) whilst driving while drunk, talking on a cell-phone, doing your hair, or just generally not paying attention to what you're doing, for the love of God please leave your insurance information! I know, I know, in the short term you might have to pay a deductible. But look, when you cause this kind of damage to someone else's truck, you're going to be paying a fair bit to fix your own car anyways, so why not be a worthwhile human being and at least not make your victim have to pay for it, too? I mean, you've already dumped on him due to your own incompetence, right? Why not just man-up (or woman-up, as the case may be), and take some responsibility for your actions? Just, you know, try to imagine the impact your actions have on other people for a change, rather than just yourself.

Try it -- you might like it!

-H

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
**sympathy wince**

Oooh, wow... That's massive! How'd they manage that, and what else is damaged?? Looks like it's parked beside a post or something, and got slammed into the post?

At least if there's a very thin silver lining, the area in that pic is mostly just sheet metal, fairly easily replaced... No major structural or mechanical components in the crunched area (AFAIK), just a lot of body and paint work. I guess really, they'd just slap on a whole new bed side, but still...

It's sad, isn't it? If you're gonna drive a vehicle, you should be prepared to be a man (or woman as the case may be) and take responsibility for your actions. Running off is just cowardly and/or immature.

How bad is the damage to the truck? Fixable, or might they write it off?

·
Registered
428 Posts
It takes a special kind of moron to do this in the first place, and a special kind of ******* not to leave their insurance information, that sucks man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts