Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Local Yokel Tomb King moving into a 40k army. I got ahold of...
10 Dire avengers
1 wraithlord
4 ships (no guns stuck to em yet so i can use em as anything atm)
11 scorpions
23 banshees
autarch
farseer (been using him as eldrad since its only 15-20 points more for some solid bonuses)
9 dark reapers

most of the time thus far ive been proxying a few of the models into other units to fill compositions. I love my scorps and banshees though ^.^

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome to 40k.

You seem like you're off to a fine start so far. Your Elite choices are full of Scorpions and Banshees, which is always nice. Dark Reapers are too pricey for my tastes, but can be very useful against Marines.

Upgrading a regular Farseer to Eldrad is more expensive, unless of course you're taking everything the Farseer can have (which I don't recommend). I usually take mine in a unit of 5 Warlocks with Fortune, Doom, Spirit Stones and Runes of Witnessing. I'd call Spirit Stones mandatory, runes are more situational. Witnessing runes are handy if you have bad luck with psychic tests or face a lot of Tyranids. Warding is just good fun and quite useful against other armies that use a lot of psychic powers, such as Chaos, other Eldar, Space Wolves, etcetera.

Autarchs are a bit underwhelming in my opinion. Some people swear by them, and they can be devastating under the right circumstances but a Farseer is just indispensible so I tend to field 2 of them. I give one a Seer council (5 Warlocks, as stated above) and attach the other to a unit of Banshees.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'ships' though, are you talking about grav-tanks? If so I would try to get the bits to make 2 Wave Serpents and 2 Fire Prisms. After that I'd pick up another unit of Dire Avengers and you're pretty much set. Mount a squad of Avengers in one Serpent and Banshees in the other, or Avengers in both depending on what you're fielding in each battle.

It's early for me right now, so if I think of anything else I'll add to this, but for now I hope it helps.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i guess gravtanks is the meaning i was looking for.
i figured i would need more Dire avengers, so i was thinking of converting my incomplete reapers to avengers and mking that one extra scorpion i have a exarch conversion.
yeah i been debating whether to make falcons or prisms, but i been seeing lots of grief on the falcons and praise on the prisms.

unfortunately my meta is basically made up of 2 nid players, a wolf/chaos player, 2 orc players and a daemons player. 2 Farseers one being eldrad i dont see as being too much of a stretch from reasonable.

thus far my 1850 list is essentially,
10 scorps
10 banshees
10 avengers
10 avengers
eldrad
farseer
(dont have any warlock models yet so they will have to chill in avengers or scorps.)

points compositions are almost as hard to fill out as in fantasy. with the above i was thinking i wanted to drop in the two prisms, a wraithlord, and two transports but the points are heavy against me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would definitely mount the Banshees in that list in a Wave Serpent, they attract a lot of enemy fire (for good reason) and they're useless if they can't reach their target quickly. I'd say for the people you'll be facing Runes of Witnessing and Warding (both) would be a good investment. Runes of Witnessing cancel out Shadow in the Warp, and Warding is good fun against Chaos Lash armies as well as just generally making enemy psykers unhappy.

If you're having trouble fitting the extras in, I would prioritize the Wave Serpents first, Fire Prisms second and the Wraithlord third. I'd be tempted to try and fit in a second squad of Banshees, seeing what you're up against. Maybe take out the Wraithlord for a small (5 woman) unit of them.

As for the Falcon/Prism discussion, I generally take 2 Prisms and 1 Falcon. The Falcon is there because I like having a 5 Warlock/1 Seer unit inside it. I freely admit it's not a points-efficient unit, I just happen to like it. If you're going for a hugely competitive list, the general consensus is that a Fire Prism is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
First, at 1850 you will want at least 3 troop choices as a min, i usually take 4.

second, read my building mech eldar thread, its sticky ed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts