Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After an incredibly long hiatus from the forum and the hobby in general I have found myself drawn back in and ready to start a HE army. I've completely abandoned any care for competitive lists and just enjoy fluffy lists. With that said I also like big bulk buys and have a terrible habit of buying direct from GW.

SO I will start with the High Elves Battalion box

Per the GW website:

This Battalion contains a selection of miniatures to give you a great start to either a High Elves collection, or to boost an existing one. Featuring 49 miniatures, it contains: 20 High Elf Warriors with Spear and Shield; 20 High Elf Archers; 1 x High Elf Tiranoc Chariot; and 8 High Elf Silver Helms.
Is this a set that could reliably create a 1k army to start or should I purchase additional models as well? I'm not really concerned with cost but I don't really want to gear things to "this is the uber list to destroy all others" but at the same time I don't want a ton of models sitting on my shelf never being used - see WoC Spawn.

Would I be better off with the Island of Blood set to start out instead?

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you should start with one island of blood and one battalion kit. Or just battalion kit and purchase som special kit and a hero.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you should start with one island of blood and one battalion kit. Or just battalion kit and purchase som special kit and a hero.
I appreciate the response but I decided go DE instead, really glad I did. The book is awesome, looking forward to fielding my executioners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts