Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all
I am preparing for my first tournament in a couple of weeks and have decided to use my High Elves!I try to balance my army between combat and magic!Any Feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Prince
Sun Dragon
Spear
Armour of caledor
Vambraces of defense
Gem of courage

10 archers
10 archers

Repeater Bolt Thrower

5 Dragon Princes
command
Banner of arcane protection

15 swordmasters
command
Lion Standard

15 White lions
command
Banner of sorcery

Lvl 2 mage
Annulian crystal
Talisman of protection

Lvl 2 mage
Ring of Fury
Silver wand

Total point cost 1,998

I dont know if I should concentrate on a combat heavy or a magic heavy army or maybe use this list!I would have liked to have been able to put a lion chariot or two into the army as I love using them but I couldnt scrap out 140 pts to get 1 in!
Thanks in advance for any input!

In future, please do not post individual points costs of items, upgrades or models. Many thanks - ninja out

·
1,273 Posts
No BSB - bad.

Not focussed bad (magic or combat)

Few magic defense - no scrolls for some nasty spells bad.

Spear for the prince - on dragon - nope.

This what i do not like.

And point wise i think you should recount i get around 1973 from my little count on army builder.

I like the big lion/swordsmasters infantery blocks. It appeals to my style.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok Thank you for the input!
I normally play chaos warriors and I play rather aggresivelly but I decided to give my high elves a run out in this tournament as I have just finished painting them!I have revised my list and I hope it is a little better!I have left 60 pts out because I am unsure of whether unit champions are able to carry and use dipel scrolls or is it mages only!Im sorry if this is a stupid question but I have scoured the high elf codex and I cant seem to find a clear answer!High elves seem to be a bit more complicated to use then chaos warriors lol!Ok so here is the new list I put together!Any more feedback would be appreciated!

Prince
Sun Dragon
Star Lance
Armour of Caledor
Guardian Phoenix
Talisman of Loec
Total 480

Noble
BSB
battle banner
GW
Heavy Armour
Shield
Total 204

Lvl 1 mage
2 dispell scrolls
Total 140

Repeater Bolt Thrower
Total 100

10 Archers
10 Archers
Total 220

5 Dragon Princes
command
war banner
Total 220

15 white lions
command
banner of arcane protection
Total 280

16 swordmasters
command
Lion standard
Total 295

Total Points cost 1,939

If unit champions can carry dispel scrolls then I will add another 3 to this army!Any more feedback would be greatly appreciated!

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
No, they can't.

If you're going to have a Banner on the Dragon Princes, you might as well stick your BSB in there, as IF they lose and get run down, your opponent gets +100 VPs. I don't think you need 3 Dispel Scrolls, so you will want to use the points on a steed for your BSB.

Regards,

·
Registered
792 Posts
Dispel Scrolls are Arcane items, only wizards can take arcane items. Unit champions cannot take arcane items. Level 2 on the scroll caddy allows him to throw three dice at drain magic. Drastically increases the chances of getting it off irresistibly or them auto failing the dispel attempt.

Two smaller units of Swordmasters may make devastating flank charges more likely. Or drop enough swordmasters to make your pet lizard into a real dragon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts