Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
King of the Burning Sands
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't believe it! He died! He was only 28! WTF!
(For those that don't know... he's the new Joker in Dark Knight)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Yeah, it was a pretty big shock finding out about that (Was with my friends at dinner, and all ten of us got a call or text within five minutes of each other about his death from different people.)

Good news for Dark Knight fans is that Ledger's death came after the movie finished shooting; bad news is that this may be the only part of this batman series with the joker in it, unless they get someone else to be him. (Going to be hard to pull off, given how good Ledger's performance is supposed to be in this one.)

But damnation, he was awesome in a knights tale, the patriot, lords of dogtown, and he brothers grimm; terrible that he's gone though, and only at the age of twenty eight.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looks like he ODed on a combination of pills, alcohol, and drugs. Apparently he suffered a bout of depression over his ex-girlfriend similar to Owen Wilson's. He died 3:36 eastern time.

Here's the article
Its sad, many of the best in music and acting seem to die young by these means due to depression.

Living fast, dying young, its a loss, as he was a really good actor, and from what little I've read about him, a nice guy.

·
Back in action!
1,833 Posts
Wow... So sad! An actor of really high caliber - especially doing Brokeback Mountain! What a champ! =)

His family here in Aus are saying that it was an accident,,, I sure hope so, he seemed like such a nice guy. Well, I'll salute him at the end of The Dark Knight.

Ledger said:
"I'm not good at future planning. I don't plan at all, I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't have a day planner and I don't have a diary. I completely live in the now, not in the past, not in the future."
What a guy, and how sadly apropriate...

·
Registered
105 Posts
What I think is really sad is the hes bearly been gone aday and some churches are dogging him saying hes gone on to spend his eternity in hell as punishment for his role in Brokeback Mountain. Its just so sad that theyed jump that fast to put down a good man for a role he took in some movie.

·
King of the Burning Sands
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Religion is overrated. Who cares what Reverend joe-smooch said or even what the Pope thinks. A man died by accident, who had a lot of talent to give to the world. Dark Knight was going to be his break out role IMHO and we'll never see what he could have done.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
A tragedy for the movie world. He was a very fine actor who was rising fast. No doubt Dark Knight will be dedicated to him.

·
Registered
368 Posts
'Tis a shame. I actually liked brokeback mountain.

Just like Keith Moon, the world has lost some serious talent.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Its things like this that really re-enforce the fact that these people who never seem real truly are. They go through the same problems we do probibly worse.

·
Back in action!
1,833 Posts
Something like becoming the Joker...? -_-

IMHO he accidently took to many sleeping pills, which he was taking because apparantly playing Bob Dylan in "I'm Not There" was taking abit of a toll on him. An anti-climax, I know, but far more believable IMHO.

Anyways, may he rest in peace.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
A knight's tale is one of my fave films ever, bit of a shock to hear about this tbh.
Yeah I liked the same movie too... From that movie I know him as an actor and I have seen Brokeback Mountain, which I didn't liked...

Too young... but as they say: Live fast, die young. He was only a year older than me... should I be worried? :?

·
709 Posts
It's not unheard of for young actors to kill themselves. Johnathan Brandice and River Phoenix are a couple that spring to mind. It's looking like a cocktail of prescription drugs is what killed him.

However, I don't know if it was a suicide. He didn't leave a note, and while everyone has their demons, the man didn't have a long history of drug abuse or depression. His career was also doing well. He may have had some (non-suicidal) depression he was trying to medicate, and didn't realize what was happening.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.