Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dark Eldar Army List: 2,000pts – 1,999pts. General purpose list to take on all comers

HQ

Dark Eldar Archon: Plasma Grenades, Shadow Field, Splinter Pistol, Combat Drugs, Trophy Rack, Agoniser [138pts]
+
Retinue: Plasma Grenades, 5 Incubi, 3 Warriors with 2x Splinter Cannon, Raider with Horrofex and Night Shield [252pts]

Drachite Wych: Fleet of Foot. Plasma Grenades, Agoniser, Splinter Pistol [63pts] <with the Wyches>

ELITES

Wych Squad of 9 Wyches w/Splinter Pistol, Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades. 2 Blaster, Succubus w/Agoniser & Trophy Rack. Raider with Disintegrator, Horrofex and Night Shield [269pts]

TROOPS

Warrior Squad 1 of 16 Warriors: 2 Blaster, 2 Splinter Cannon, Sybarite with Goblet of Spite, Archangel of Pain, Trophy Rack, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol, Agoniser [201pts]

Warrior Squad 2 of 15 Warriors: 2 Blaster, 2 Splinter Cannon, Sybarite with Trophy Rack, Splinter Pistol, Agoniser [165pts]

Warrior Squad 3 of 11 Warriors w/2 Dark Lance [108pts]
Warrior Squad 4 of 11 Warriors w/2 Dark Lance [108pts]
Warrior Squad 5 of 11 Warriors w/2 Dark Lance [108pts]

FAST

Jetbike Squad of 5 Reavers, 2 Blaster [145pts]

HEAVY

Support Squad of 7 Scourges; 3 Splinter Rifles, 4 Splinter Cannon [192pts]

Ravager with Night Shield [120pts]
Ravager with 2x Disintegrator, Night Shield [130pts]

Blasters: 9
Dark Lances: 11
Disintegrators: 3
Splinter Cannons: 10
Agonisers: 4
Punishers: 5

Here’s my heavy rewrite. Thanks for the feedback, which has helped me see some of the light.

Even for enemy commanders who know about DE, I think the Drachite will be a nasty surprise, and gives a second dude (dudess) who can take on enemy Characters. I would like to arm my Drachite with Wych Weapons, which is a problem….. and am about to send the following to GW:

“Surely the Wych Lord Archite and Drachite should be able to be armed with Wych Weapons. The Codex mentions that their Retinue is allowed to have Wych Weapons (as it should). Unfortunately there’s no mention of this in the text relating to the Wych Lords. We end up with the odd situation of Archites and Drachites armed with Incubi weapons. If it’s deliberate that they can’t have Wych Weapons, that seems very odd, and very unfluffy�.

The Goblet of Spite is what the military call a ‘Force Multiplier'. So is the Trophy Rack. When you look at the cost to increase Ld normally, 5pts for the chance to increase it, is a bargain. So for 10pts you can turn a Warrior squad or Raider squad into a mini-Elite squad.

As we all know, the cost of Scourges is extremely heavy, but I figure that their tactical flexibility and speed, along with a potential 19 T4, AP5 shots at BS4, is worth trying. They’ll obviously come into their own against hordes, but will be of less use vs heavy armoured lists. I think their speed or Deep Strike could be very useful in supporting Raider borne squads.

As for the Nightshields, I’m going to try the Raider/Ravagers with and without, and see how I feel after a good few test games. Same with my weapon choice for the Archon (i.e. Punisher+Tormentor or Agoniser+Pistol)

Once again, please comment, criticize etc. I’d also appreciate if you like the list, just to say so, as this is also useful to know.

Thanks

Lord Ramon

·
Registered
943 Posts
Lord Ramon said:
Dark Eldar Army List: 2,000pts – 1,999pts. General purpose list to take on all comers

HQ

Dark Eldar Archon: Plasma Grenades, Shadow Field, Splinter Pistol, Combat Drugs, Trophy Rack, Agoniser [138pts]
+nice
Retinue: Plasma Grenades, 5 Incubi, 3 Warriors with 2x Splinter Cannon, Raider with Horrofex and Night Shield [252pts]
get only 1 warrior, otherwise good
Drachite Wych: Fleet of Foot. Plasma Grenades, Agoniser, Splinter Pistol [63pts] <with the Wyches>
nice and cheap
ELITES

Wych Squad of 9 Wyches w/Splinter Pistol, Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades. 2 Blaster, Succubus w/Agoniser & Trophy Rack. Raider with Disintegrator, Horrofex and Night Shield [269pts]
good
TROOPS

Warrior Squad 1 of 16 Warriors: 2 Blaster, 2 Splinter Cannon, Sybarite with Goblet of Spite, Archangel of Pain, Trophy Rack, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol, Agoniser [201pts]
the blasters and sybarite are not needed, save the points
Warrior Squad 2 of 15 Warriors: 2 Blaster, 2 Splinter Cannon, Sybarite with Trophy Rack, Splinter Pistol, Agoniser [165pts]
same
Warrior Squad 3 of 11 Warriors w/2 Dark Lance [108pts]
Warrior Squad 4 of 11 Warriors w/2 Dark Lance [108pts]
Warrior Squad 5 of 11 Warriors w/2 Dark Lance [108pts]
good, make them either 10 or 12 men (evens are better)
FAST

Jetbike Squad of 5 Reavers, 2 Blaster [145pts]
succubus with agoniser is needed
HEAVY

Support Squad of 7 Scourges; 3 Splinter Rifles, 4 Splinter Cannon [192pts]
good, shoot for 8 men
Ravager with Night Shield [120pts]
Ravager with 2x Disintegrator, Night Shield [130pts]
with the extra points make these all 3 disentegrators
Blasters: 9
Dark Lances: 11
Disintegrators: 3
Splinter Cannons: 10
Agonisers: 4
Punishers: 5

Here’s my heavy rewrite. Thanks for the feedback, which has helped me see some of the light.

Even for enemy commanders who know about DE, I think the Drachite will be a nasty surprise, and gives a second dude (dudess) who can take on enemy Characters. I would like to arm my Drachite with Wych Weapons, which is a problem….. and am about to send the following to GW:

“Surely the Wych Lord Archite and Drachite should be able to be armed with Wych Weapons. The Codex mentions that their Retinue is allowed to have Wych Weapons (as it should). Unfortunately there’s no mention of this in the text relating to the Wych Lords. We end up with the odd situation of Archites and Drachites armed with Incubi weapons. If it’s deliberate that they can’t have Wych Weapons, that seems very odd, and very unfluffy�.

The Goblet of Spite is what the military call a ‘Force Multiplier'. So is the Trophy Rack. When you look at the cost to increase Ld normally, 5pts for the chance to increase it, is a bargain. So for 10pts you can turn a Warrior squad or Raider squad into a mini-Elite squad.

As we all know, the cost of Scourges is extremely heavy, but I figure that their tactical flexibility and speed, along with a potential 19 T4, AP5 shots at BS4, is worth trying. They’ll obviously come into their own against hordes, but will be of less use vs heavy armoured lists. I think their speed or Deep Strike could be very useful in supporting Raider borne squads.

As for the Nightshields, I’m going to try the Raider/Ravagers with and without, and see how I feel after a good few test games. Same with my weapon choice for the Archon (i.e. Punisher+Tormentor or Agoniser+Pistol)

Once again, please comment, criticize etc. I’d also appreciate if you like the list, just to say so, as this is also useful to know.

Thanks

Lord Ramon
Awesome list, I do not like tooled up sybarites in shooty warrior squads however. Everything else is good luck and remember evens are better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts