Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been on my mind for a while:

With my HQ, if I bring a few HW choices, I can place them anywhere I want outside of the HQ, but do they still need to be within 2" coherency?

Peace

·
Registered
81 Posts
Command platoon = 1 command squad, any additional heavy weapons squads, sentinel, special weapon or other squads are seperate units for the purposes of everything except rolling for reserves.... so they dont have to maintain coherency,

·
517 Posts
They don't have to be within coherency of the HQ but they DO have to be within coherency of each other. Remember that a Heavy Weapon squad is SIX guardsmen that are armed with 3 heavy weapons + 3 lasguns. Don't forget those three lasguns, because when an enemy gets within 24 inches you can start shooting him with those, and if he's within 12 you can rapid fire.

Also, don't forget that the HW attached to your HQ deploy at the same time as your HQ.

·
Registered
81 Posts
They don't have to be within coherency of the HQ but they DO have to be within coherency of each other. Remember that a Heavy Weapon squad is SIX guardsmen that are armed with 3 heavy weapons + 3 lasguns. Don't forget those three lasguns, because when an enemy gets within 24 inches you can start shooting him with those, and if he's within 12 you can rapid fire.

Also, don't forget that the HW attached to your HQ deploy at the same time as your HQ.
on that note remember that each heavy weapon team has lasguns for both soliders, so if you move and cant fire your heavy weapon u can still rapid with all six men

·
Monkey Pirate
452 Posts
How do you count hits on two man weapons platforms? Is it on the unit or is it on each operator as in WFB?
If you check out the guard faq here you will see that they are just 2 guardsmen mounted on one base for the sake of modeling. My self when i pick up the heavy weapon box i take all the extra heavy weapons and model them on to regular guardsmen and basically nix the large base. (you really get the most for your money like this)
So you do have a three wound buffer with your heavy weapon teams. I.E. You remove all the just lasgun guardsmen first, then the heavy weapons.

·
Registered
81 Posts
you would be surprise how many people dont actually know that, the faq saves so many arguments where people want you to take all your heavy weapons away as soon as you take some wounds on the squad.. keep it handy..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. So now I have it straight.

Recap:

HW platforms MUST stay in 2" coherency. They can place anywhere. When in HQ, they place with HQ, but can be anywhere on the field as long as they stay in 2" coherency of each other.

Example: HQ Mortar Team - 3 platforms. Each platform must be within 2" coherency of each other but can place ANYWHERE on the field.

Got it! ;Y Thx.

Peace.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Originally Posted by Greenbeard The Ex-pirate
If you check out the guard faq here you will see that they are just 2 guardsmen mounted on one base for the sake of modeling. My self when i pick up the heavy weapon box i take all the extra heavy weapons and model them on to regular guardsmen and basically nix the large base. (you really get the most for your money like this)
So you do have a three wound buffer with your heavy weapon teams. I.E. You remove all the just lasgun guardsmen first, then the heavy weapons.
Ok, so I take it you couldn't say lose the two crew men and then just cycle in other men from the squad to man the weapon like in FB cannons?

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Ok, so I take it you couldn't say lose the two crew men and then just cycle in other men from the squad to man the weapon like in FB cannons?
No, all that would really do is make you lose the heavy weapon.

The way to keep the squad functioning at its best while taking damage:
The squad has six members, and consists of 3 teams with two members each. When you take wounds, distribute the wounds so that each team loses one member. Don't remove the last member of a team until you absolutely have to. (When you have no "extra" members remaining)

Reactions: Liffrea
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.