Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy weapons questions

1K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Knape97 
#1 ·
Just a question from a non marine player. Is there anyway a squad of 5 marines, whether it be normal ones, dark angels, whatever, have all of the following in one squad: Lascannon, Missile launcher, Multimelta, heavy Bolter,and plasma cannon. Not necessarily all in one, but only weapons from this list. So there could be two missile launchers, plasma cannon, and a lascannon in one.

I need to know because I just played a 1000point game and his 3 squads of dark angels had each guy carrying one of the above weapons.

#3 ·
In the description of a devastator squad four of the marines may be given a heavy weapon from an identical list.

However the sergent may be given terminator honors which allows him to take equiptment from the armoury. I cant remember but if there are any heavy weapons on the list but I think special weapons are? anybody got their dex on hand. O and as the darkangles have special rules they might be able to I dont have their dex.

#4 ·
That would be three squads of five men. Each guy was carrying one of the above list of weapons, either a plasma cannon, lascannon, multimelta, heavy bolter or missiles launcher. ALL of the guys in the three squads had one of those weapons, none had regular bolters

#5 ·
I'm don't know much about DA so I'm not 100% sure but If every guy had a heavy weapon then it is illegal. Tactical squads get ONE heavy weapon (missile launcher, lascannon, plasmacannon, heavy bolter or multi-melta) and one lighter weapon (flamer, meltagun or plasmagun).

#7 ·
If they were Devestator squads, 4 of the marines can have any heavy weapon allowed to a Space Marine.....like four Plasma cannons or 4 lascannons....or maybe a mix of some others too.

For Dark Angels their tactical squads are allowed to field 2 plasma cannons instead of 1 for additional points. Don't quote me on this though.

There is no possible way any squad of marines can have five heavy weapons in one. Your opponent had illegal squads.

#8 ·
Actually(and I hate it when i do this) but I think I just answered my own question thanks to the help of army builder. 3 Devestator squads, five men each, 4 +1 Sergant. If you give the sergant terminator honors, he can take combi weapons. Therefore I am guessing he took the combi-plasma and then the rest of the four devastators took one heavy weapon each. I hate to admit it but you can take a five man squad with all heavy weapons.

SIGH

The only other thing that cheesed me off, and I really do mean cheese, is the Veil of Time power. Shouldnt that power be with the eldar where it belongs(cheese I mean). 10 points on a librarian, and he gets to reroll ANYTHING, to hit, to wound, save, morale.

#9 ·
Tragedy316 said:
Actually(and I hate it when i do this) but I think I just answered my own question thanks to the help of army builder. 3 Devestator squads, five men each, 4 +1 Sergant. If you give the sergant terminator honors, he can take combi weapons. Therefore I am guessing he took the combi-plasma and then the rest of the four devastators took one heavy weapon each. I hate to admit it but you can take a five man squad with all heavy weapons.
Well, as long as those were Devastators, that's true. Make sure that he did have some troop choices in his army, though. . .

The only other thing that cheesed me off, and I really do mean cheese, is the Veil of Time power. Shouldnt that power be with the eldar where it belongs(cheese I mean). 10 points on a librarian, and he gets to reroll ANYTHING, to hit, to wound, save, morale.
It only lasts until his turn is over, so it's not -quite- so bad. Also, at least he can't use a Force Weapon in the same turn. . .

#10 ·
Well I never considered a combi-plasma a heavy weapon eheh.:|

why would it be cheese? Its still hellish on points and on a Devestator squad if you manage killing one marine it nets you at least 25 points I believe. It may seem good on paper but they have got to aim at meaningful units of they'll never make their points back...and if they get into assault all the points you sunk into them is wasted.

Veil of Time is a different story, its insane if he gets to strike first as his offensive abilities is all of a sudden "twinlinked".....if he doesn't hit first its pure crap since he can't reroll enemy rolls to hit and wound. (had to clarify with GW before I understood this part)

#11 ·
Soooooo, let me see if I get this straight now. If I am locked in close combat with his librarian, he only gets his rerolls on his turn or one full turn? He was rerolling everything even on my turn in the close combat.

Also what is this about not using a force weapon if he is using Veil of time?

#12 ·
It's just for the Space Marine player's turn. Once it ends, the ability ends until it is next cast.

Regarding the Force Weapon, take a look at its entry on page 46 of the rulebook. . . :)

#14 ·
Tragedy316 said:
Soooooo, let me see if I get this straight now. If I am locked in close combat with his librarian, he only gets his rerolls on his turn or one full turn? He was rerolling everything even on my turn in the close combat.

Also what is this about not using a force weapon if he is using Veil of time?
His turn only....or else I would be fielding a converted librarian just for that.

force weapon counts as a psychic power that turn if you try to one-hit K.O an enemy unit on top of wounding them already.

#16 ·
I knew there had to be something weird about that. I mean come on 10 points for rerolls on everything all the time...Like I said before it belongs in the eldar codex not the space marines..*LOL*

I had him dead turn two, especially since all he had was his 5+ invulnerable save.

DAMN IT all

Oh well. The hive mind is now more prepared for next time

#18 ·
Clearing Things up

Just saw some things people said wich are very wrong and am here to clear it up.

5 man squads with 4 heavy weapons = devastator squads. These are a heavy support choice, so he must have had something else to use as troop squads. The sergeant could have had access to the armory, but regardless, if he had a gun, it would still be a bolter variant. Either a combi-weapon of some sort (wich is stilla bolter with a single shot of something else in it) or a storm bolter. Sergeants do not have access to heavy weapons. Well except scout sergeants who can get sniper rifles.

Dark Angels DO NOT get to have 2 plasma cannons in tactical squads. People, if you are talking out of your ass, its better to say NOTHING as if you do say something, your just confusing people and mucking up there games.

Veil of time only works on the SM players turn. Not on his oponents. If he activated Veil, he can not activate the force sword in that same turn as they both require a psychic test and each model may only make a single psychic test per turn. He can however use veil on his turn and then the force sword in yours.

#19 ·
Chaosbrynn said:
Veil of time only works on the SM players turn. Not on his oponents. If he activated Veil, he can not activate the force sword in that same turn as they both require a psychic test and each model may only make a single psychic test per turn. He can however use veil on his turn and then the force sword in yours.
In this situation can the librarian still use Force Weapon as a simple power weapon, or not at all?

#20 ·
Lord Malachi said:
In this situation can the librarian still use Force Weapon as a simple power weapon, or not at all?
Force weapons always act as powerweapons regardless if you use their ability or not.

So, in short, yes.

#21 ·
Your right about the sergent takeing the bolter variant only weapons. I just got confused where I play it is agreed by all (house rule) that comanders have access to the full ARMOURY that includes any weapon that a space marine can be equipt with. Sorry bout the confusion. But the sergent can have the combi weapon.

#22 ·
yeh

in DA one serg in a squad can take a plasma cannon(its not in the armoury)allowing dev squads with 5 hvys

#24 ·
CaptShrike said:
in DA one serg in a squad can take a plasma cannon(its not in the armoury)allowing dev squads with 5 hvys

You seem to have a tendancy to make up rules as you go along Shrike. You should probably brush up on them as this is the 6th or 7th time ive seen you post something incorrect in the past month.

#25 ·
hmm

i remember my friend saying that DA's are plasma maniacs! so vet.sergants can take a plasma weapon instead of accessing the armoury

#26 · (Edited)
There is no such rule for Dark Angels. Yes fluff wise they have loads of plasma weaponry, but their sergents have no such rule to give themselves Plasma Guns / Cannons.

Stop making up random rules and posting them as fact.

There are no SM squads of any sort that can have only five men and take five heavy weapons. The best you can get is a five man devistator squad with four heavy weapons and a sergeant.

The Sergents has access to the armoury and may select any weapon listed in the armoury on pg22 of the codex. As chaosbrynn said, the only "ranged" weapons in the armoury are Bolter style weapons (Pistol, Combi, Storm) or a Plasma Pistol.

Also, much like Chaosbrynn, I am getting a little miffed off with people posting rules as fact that are either a) wrong, b) guesses, or c) made-up. If your not sure on a rule, dont post it.

--Thread Locked--

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.