1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a heavy bolter space marine that i got seperate
I only have one tac squad, can i put him on the squad or do I have to
take somebosy else out first??
i have both the flamer and rocket launcher in the squad...?

·
Registered
959 Posts
you'll have to replace the rocket with the hvy bolter. read your codex it will tell you that you can only have up to 1 hvy weapon per tac squad.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
If you want my advice you should keep the missile launcher guy in the squad and use your heavy bolter guy somewhere else. Missile launchers are the best heavy weapon to use in tactical squads in my opinion. It is a nice balanced weapon that can be used against both troops and vehicles.

I have the heavy bolter in my command squad (I hardly ever use him but I bought the mini because it looks cool).

You could also use him in a devastator squad.

Either way, I think you should keep the missile launcher in the tactical squad. It works well as a balance with the short ranged (but wonderful) flamer.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'd have to advise against the heavy bolter in a command squad. The points you pay for a Command HQ show up in their stats, like attacks, iniative, wounds, etc. All those characteristics are essentially closecombat oriented. I mean yeah a captian has WS-5 so can hit on a 2+ with ranged weapons, but the captains not the one holding a heavy bolter.

By this reasoning if you put a heavy bolter in a command squad then either A, your wasting the captain's points by not moving into closecombat because the heavy bolter can't move and shoot, or B, your wasting the heavy bolter because your charging into combat.

Personally I'd eithe use the heavy bolter to start a small devistator squad, or I'd reserve the option to switch the mssle launcher guy out for a heavy bolter in the point planing phase of a battle. I.E. if your gonna go up against an IG infantry army with no tanks then when adding up the points I'd replace the missle launcher with the heavy bolter. but that way if your going up against chaos iron warriors you can still have an anti-tank weapon available to do some damage.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You could put in in the command squad, if you take the cheapest leader and only take ranged weapon upgrades, but I'd use it in a tac squad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.