Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry I couldn't resist posting this.

Let's just say that I have a good job and I enjoyed treating myself this Christmas.

Has anyone else here ever splurged on the 'Workshop Craziness? This was inspired by Apocalypse but I'm sure I'm not alone. What crazy armies have sprung into being ove rthe lats few months?

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Who hooooo!!!!!!

I have to have a secret credit card so that my wife doesn't see my Warhammer purchases!;?

·
709 Posts
280 troops in 14 boxes

24 weapons platforms in 14 boxes

14 plasma and 14 melta in 14 blisters

6 officers in 3 blisters

10 command guys in 2 boxes

372 models total

Let's say you average an hour per guy to paint via assembly line, and you paint 4 hours a day on average 6 days a week (rough average), you could be done by mid-March.

God bless you sir, and good luck.

Also, total price tag for that looks to be $1254 U.S. Quite the treat indeed.

·
Treadhead with a Chainaxe
1,805 Posts
294 models total
Rounding off upwards, this is what it's going to look like. Better start painting and the Emperor's Blessing upon you, because that's one big truckload of cadians.

As far as Christmas shopping went on my side... I bought two boxes of CSM, two defilers, one chaos predator, three chaos rhinoes and one pair of World Eater forgeworld doors, three boxes of khorne berzerkers, 16 additional berzerker helmets, 20 chaos warrior shields, a whole bunch of other similar bits, 8 chaos space marine bikes... but I think your purchase beats mine.

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost but not quite

280 troops in 14 boxes, 280 Troopers

24 Heavy Weapons Teams in 8 boxes, 48 Troopers

14 Plasma and 14 Melta in 14 blisters, 28 Troopers

6 officers in 3 blisters, 6 Troopers

10 command guys in 2 boxes, 10 Troopers

372 models total

Let's say you average an hour per guy to paint via assembly line, and you paint 4 hours a day on average 6 days a week (rough average), you could be done by mid-March.

God bless you sir, and good luck.

Also, total price tag for that looks to be $1254 U.S. Quite the treat indeed.

I have added a couple of important changes in bold. What really gives me the giggles is that this is on top of the 1500 point lists that I have been posting in the lists forum. I may not keep all of the stuff this way either. As you can see this stuff has all been left seled so if I decide to abandon the all infantry slant then I can trade some in for a tank or ten...

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
That is manymuch Guard.

Has anyone else here ever splurged on the 'Workshop Craziness? This was inspired by Apocalypse but I'm sure I'm not alone. What crazy armies have sprung into being ove rthe lats few months?
I've kind of done it. At the beginning of the fall, I resolved to order the army I'd decided to create... my Angels Ascendant. I scoured bits pages and had my army list looked at repeatedly, playtested it a bit, etc... I wanted to make sure this army was something I'd use for quite some time. Finally, I ordered it... total of 2000 points, over $1200, a big chunk of the money I'd saved over the summer.

Now, I have a lot of models, and I've weeded them down a bit to a tourney list that I love to use so far. I just need to get them painted decently, and hopefully I'll head down to one of the bigger tourneys this summer with my gaming club!

But I have so much painting to do...

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everyone knows

Everyone knows you die if you paint the last model that you have waiting to be painted. I see this purchase as a sort of life insurance policy.

·
2,399 Posts
I hope you got the Infantry company boxed sets?
I was blessed with a marine company, by my beautiful wife, who'd picked up my latest purchase and taken it into the store, and surprised me. They were my tactical marines i had got to have as demonhunters indentured troops - i thought about doing DH for a laugh / inquisitor conversion bits.
I now play Imperial guard, with Witch hunter / SOB allies AND Marines. when i make them. maybe next year. oops. I love you wifey. xxx

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:d

I bought one of the very last Marine Battle Companies tonight too. I think you are right. A WIP thread is over due.

Let me go and sort that out.

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haven't you

Haven't you heard the rumours about plastic storm troopers? If that actually happens I may well find myself down at the local GW store shelling out just a little more.

I can't remeber who asked me, but yes, I did just buy several of the company boxes. WHat a deal that was. Shame its over really.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.