Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive for not knowing the correct name for these guys but I play IG and am new to 40k.

I'm not sure what they are really called but I think they are the Crisis Suits (they look like transformers and pop out-shoot-pop back and hide)

How tall are these models? gamewise not real height.
My opponent said they are the same game height as a man. But they are way bigger than SM terminators and definitely taller. (I know that SM terminators are man height)

Can they claim to be totally hidden if they are behind a hill? or other height 3 terrain? They even look to big to claim anything from cover like barricades/ barrels etc.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Yep, as weird as it sounds, they're "man-sized", which is size class 2. Tyranids have it even weirder. A Lictor with its talons raised is about as tall as a Hive Tyrant, yet it is also size class 2.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
They're 11 feet tall. Terminators are 10 feet, space marines are 8-9 feet, kroot and orks are 6.5-7.5 feet, guardsmen are 5.5-6.5 feet, fire warriors are 4.5-5.5 feet.

The rulebook is very clear about their size. Page 7.

·
Registered
105 Posts
yes the tau are midgets lol but they make it up in their technology. It is kinda odd that the crisis suits are bigger than most size 2 models but are classified as size 2. But I guess they are trying to make up for their lack of height with suits that look bigger than most:yes:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
It's actually taller, which matters for most terrain. A fire warrior can hide behind a wrecked devilfish for example, a commander cannot (however gets a 4+ cover is partially obscured). The only time size matters is when shooting over area terrain (of which the rules say should be the minority of terrain) and combat.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nougat: Crisis Suits actually predate the size category rules by a few years. This is a case of GW trying to standardize things a bit more. Terminators, Tyranid Warriors and Crisis Suits are all supposed to be about the same size, fluff-wise, but obviously the models do not reflect that. The size class rules are GW's attempt to fix that from a mechanics perspective.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I were to retrofit some model height rules to existing models then wouldn't it make sense to have the rule fit the models? If they re-make some of the models, I doubt they will radically change the model size to bring it into line with the man-sized/height 2 range.

Thats just my gripe, but now just talking in general...
If a crisis suit is behind a hill. then is model to model eye sight used to determine cover? or model height to model height? or some combination??

I realise that all hills are modelled differently, but any light you could shed on this would be good.

Basically I just want to be able to kill the crisis and need to know what it can and can't hide behind. Otherwise my opponent will continue to claim that it is hiding behind everything!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.