Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
chaos and chaos dwarves are two seperate armies with seperate books and background, etc, etc.

So unless it was a friendly game where the rules were bent/broken - no, the hellcannon cannot be used in CD army. Just like you can't use a great cannon in a dark Elf army.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chaos and chaos dwarves are two seperate armies with seperate books and background, etc, etc.

So unless it was a friendly game where the rules were bent/broken - no, the hellcannon cannot be used in CD army. Just like you can't use a great cannon in a dark Elf army.

I understand that if played by the rules, there isn't any Hellcannon for CD. But, if you look at it very 'black and white' you cannot play at all. The ravening hordes rules are technically 'not allowed'. So yeah, it's a bit bent, just like playing with CD with the current rules.
I haven't found a veteran Warhammer player yet, that does not agree that this is a 'Chaos Dwarf'-like device.
And in relevance to Dark Elves, They have a formidable army book, according to the latest rules.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Unfortunately, the rules are Black and White. You may only select from your own list, and the Hellcannon is part of the Chaos/Archaon's Horde List. Sadly, it does not fit well with the existing Chaos Dwarf Background either. A little rule bending is ok, but the hard-and-fast rules do not permit it. Ravening Hordes is still legal (as the list for Chaos Dwarfs) as GW has not yet contested it or listed otherwise. GW clearly stated that RH will remain until it is superceded.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ravening Hordes is still legal (as the list for Chaos Dwarfs) as GW has not yet contested it or listed otherwise. GW clearly stated that RH will remain until it is superceded.
Hi Xan,

Could you help me with the link to the RH (or a link where this is stated) on the GW website?
In my opinion, they already have declared it superceded, implicitly by removing all traces of Chaos Dwarfs on the website.

Thanks in advance,
ikke_nl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts