Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow Delldar peeps. Now this has probably been tested before, but it's an idea that popped into my head recently, and, well, I'm just darn tired of dealing with av12+ and my lances always having to roll a 5+ to penetrate. With my shooting rolls, where my Dark Eldar regularly get outperformed by a single blind Ork, I was wondering if the following build would be viable

3 Hellions, w/2 Blasters.
Deepstrike 'em.

So just drop them in behind an annoying vehicle, fire the blasters at delicious av10, and then if they get shot at, they have their 5+ invul for having counted as moving, and if they die - so what? They're cheap. If they survive, they can wander off to irk other vehicles, and the enemy has to waste a unit's shooting on them.

Fawts and Opinyuns!

Thanking in Advance, Psychic Hobo.

·
Registered
277 Posts
This sounds interesting. That would be what, 64 points? (i can't rem is blasters are 5 or 10 on hellions).

Only issue your still relying on 3+ to hit, then 3+ penetrate, and then a decent roll on the damage chart.

I'd say its too much for small battles, but if your up at 2k, why not? =p

·
Resident Mongoose
797 Posts
Except they can only have a single blaster, and have limited utility in terms of deepstrike because their range is only 12" and deepstrikes can scatter, and even if you are in range, things can be miserable.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
I am pretty sure that you can indeed have a 3-man squad with 2 blasters included in it legally.

This combination can work in the way described but its very unreliable as already stated.

But it only has to work half the time to be highly amusing anyway.

·
Resident Mongoose
797 Posts
My codex says, "Up to one hellion may be armed with..." etc. Did the PDF FAQ give them another weapon when I wasn't looking? If so, I might have to try them out as long as I am at home.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
My codex says, "Up to one hellion may be armed with..." etc. Did the PDF FAQ give them another weapon when I wasn't looking? If so, I might have to try them out as long as I am at home.
My Dex is at home at the moment but it is the second printing and I am very certain that it says that 2 models can be equipped with Blasters. Could some one who is armed with a book please put us out of our misery?
Thanks.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Ok, with Codex in hand I must say that I was wrong and only one Hellion may be armed with a Shredder or Blaster.

I was confused with the Reaver entry and blame myself for not using this model more so that I understand them all the better.

Thanks guys.

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Yah, I would've used Hellions too if I thought they could take 2 blasters instead of one!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've been considering taking hellions in an army along with a shredder to attach haemonculi too and deep strike them.

I used two deep striking Haemoculi in a battle tonight, and it wasn't totally pointless =p it wasn't however difficult to keep them alive, from the two haemoculi i gottwo flamers, and i beleive i got 7 khorne beserkers (so 120 points killed about 140), and about 3 or 4 raptors killed, so i earned the points back (the deep strike's worked well, one hit, one 5 inch scatter into open terrain), but i found they got charged and kill relatively easily on their own after doing damage.

So what i was considering was taking 3 Hellions with a shredder with a haemoculi with destructor as anti-infantry to deep strike. The Shredder and Destructor combination should be effective, and i can always add more then one haemonculi to this.

Thoughts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.