Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello internet, I am redrobot.

I am a nineteen year old dude living in Ottawa (The capital of Canada), however I am from Halifax, Nova Scotia. I'm currently enrolled in Print Media Design at Algonquin College here in Ottawa. I'm an aspiring Graphic Designer, and am looking into self-publishing Graphic Novels and Comics. I work at a local coffee shop that sells specialty drinks similar to Starbucks.

A few of my buddies (who I play DnD 4e a few times a month with), started reminiscing about their old 40k days, and I was subsequently lent the rulebook and an old Imperial Guard codex.

I'm currently building my first tabletop army, a 500pt force of dedicated Imperial Guardsmen. I'm quite new to the hobby, and haven't even played my first game,

I'd have to say I'm more interested in the modeling / painting side of things, but I do have a taste for strategy, I've played the PC Game 'Starcraft: Broodwar' on a near-professional level.

So, a box of 5 Cadians, another box of 20, a Comissar, and a dozen or so old Catachans from one of my buddies are assembled, a few even painted! I'm hooked. I've written some fluff, bought some paints, and got a theme I'm really happy about, and can't wait to get painting the rest of my tiny soilders.

I googled 'Imperial Guard Conversions" And ended up here, lurked for a week or so, and here I am, on the internet.

Looking to get to know the community better, and hopefully have a solid conversation or two.

If you'd like to chat about anything related to
Printing, Apple Computers, Roleplaying/traditional/tabletop games, design, graffiti, cooking, art, zombies, graphic novels/comics, trees, hip-hop, drums, dance-rock, coffee, etc.

or if you know anything about imperial guard and are willing to help an underdog take out a few veterans

then hit me up with some text-based communications.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Welcome to the forum, there are plenty of topics I am sure you will find of interest. There is a big discussion in the rumor and news section about the release of the new guard codex. Looking forward to seeing some of your miniatures.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Printing, Apple Computers, Roleplaying/traditional/tabletop games, design, graffiti, cooking, art, zombies, graphic novels/comics, cannabis, coffee, etc.

or if you know anything about imperial guard and are willing to help an underdog take out a few veterans

then hit me up with some text-based communications.
Ummm... I hopw thats a joke dude.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't knock it till ya tried it.

Yeah, going with a print-related theme.

Lord Comissar Adolf Heidelberg's First Offensive Printcorp
From the Printworld of Adobe CS-04, these men may not be the best trained, the most deadly, or the best geared, but damn they sure have the sweetest uniforms.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Yeah, going with a print-related theme.

Lord Comissar Adolf Heidelberg's First Offensive Printcorp
From the Printworld of Adobe CS-04, these men may not be the best trained, the most deadly, or the best geared, but damn they sure have the sweetest uniforms.
LOL Awesome! You simply MUST put pics of these guys in the painting forum when you get a chance. Welcome aboard! I visited your home town on vacation last year. Had a great time!

What kind of comics? I'm working on a writing career of my own.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Printing, Apple Computers, Roleplaying/traditional/tabletop games, design, graffiti, cooking, art, zombies, graphic novels/comics, trees, hip-hop, drums, dance-rock, coffee, etc.
No Nietzsche?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nietzsche is fair game. I actually made a stencil of his handsome mug and painted it around my 'hood.

I'm currently illustrating a 16-page fantasy story, hoping to use it as a storyboard for a pilot I'll be producing this summer. Kind of the unholy love child of Lord of the Rings, Seinfeld, and Pineapple Express

1 - 13 of 13 Posts