Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was hoping to find help in making a Wood Elves 2.5k list to fight against a specific army list. I don't particularity care how balanced it is at all. I can figure out a general list easily enough but I want to maximize my strategy against this particular opponent.

Ive recently started a Wood Elves army and have the Battalion, a couple characters, a great eagle and some Wardancers. I've also tried out every model in the army list via proxy. Ive been playing with them for about two months. I've read a few tactica and have had alot of fun with them in 1000 - 2000 point range games 1v1 and 2v2

My main opponent went ahead and bought about another 2k points of elves this week and luckily for me this means that I can base my next purchase decisions in reaction to his.

My opponent mainly played defensively against me with bolt throwers and the archers. His preferred Lores are Fire and High elf magic. Any help is greatly appreciated as more than half of these models Ive not ever seen on the board before.

The High Elves are

Archmage
Mage
Noble
BSB
20 Spears
30 Archers
6 Sword Masters
5 Ellyrian Reaver
5 Dragon Princes
20 Phoenix Guard
1 Lions of Chrace
5 Shadow Warriors
2 Repeater Bolt Thrower
2 Eagles

points 2500

Thank you greatly!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well the way i would take on this army is to send an eagle and warhawks at the bolt throwers and archers. If during army set up you deploy a forest on each table edge you can use the moonstone of hidden ways to teleport some wardancers back there and hit his units in the flank and roll up his archers if they're close enough.... shoot the fast cav and scouts first, and use waywatchers to kill the dragon princes. ignore the pheonix guard you can't do anything to them but march block them. after killing the Fast cav and scouts shoot the swordmasters and white lions. March block the spearmen ubit and you should be able to avoid them. for magic defense take a scroll caddie and a branchwraith lvl1 with plus 1 dispell. use alters and the warhwks to assasinate mages. a sniper noble can also kill the mages.

·
Registered
320 Posts
An alter noble with the amber pendant can be very nice for taking on high elves, as it negates their ASF if they are in base contact with them. Just watch out for spears in the rear ranks as they can still hit you before you strike, but as a WE player you should always be hitting spear units in the flank when possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you all think of including this as my lord choice?

Spellweaver lv4
--Wand of Wych Elm (Reroll dispell Dice), GlamourWeave, something else?

and also having a
Branchwraith lv1
-Cluster of Radiants (+1 dispell dice)

5 dispel dice with rerolls

Or should I try to go for the Alter Highborn with Bow of Loren and Arcane Bodkins?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thats a good magic defence, and its 6 dispel dice, not 5. The bow of loren/arcane bodkins combo is effective against highly armored things, and HE usually don't have too much armor, so I don't know that he will overly effective.
If you are using the lord as purely magic defensive, you could drop him down to lvl 3 and save some points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts