Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I haven't really played a real full game of warhammer 40k against anyone and have been collecting all 3 games for quite some time now, here is my space marine depot:

1 dreadnought (CC + MM)
1 Sicarius
1 librarian
1 captain (power sword + bolter)
1 captain (chainsword +plasma pistol)
1 vindicator w/ dozer blade
5 assault marines
5 devastator marines (2 heavy bolter, MM, lascannon and srgt with chain sword and bolter)
4 bikes w/ one captain all with dual bolters on the front
5 terminators (1 autocannon, 1 sgrt all with power fists)
30 tactical marines ( 2 rocket launchers, 2 flamers, 1 MM, 3 sgrts with chainsword + pistol)
10 scouts with snipers + srgt with chainsword and pistol

I need help building a 1500 pt army against footslogger orks, as far as I know he has a battlewagon, lots of orks, a few with jump packs, warboss, 6 helicopters, a looted tank, and well... 1500 pts of pure green.

·
Registered
346 Posts
IF your going against ork army that masses with a little bit of tanks or armored alot of variations work against this. The vindicator cannon is nice to knock out whole troop squads. Advise build your own list to what you like to play with not what other people say is good you will have more fun, the point of the game isnt always to win but to have fun.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'll just do this quickly and may expand later.
Use a lot of the tactical marines, maybe 5 scouts if you want. Terminators are pretty decent as this is the one situation where they don't need the landraider to transport them. Bikes are useless, too many points and they'll be pushed into a corner. Devestators could work but its hit and miss. Dreadnought is good, expecially if you can get sergeant telion and shoot the power klaw nob in the boyz squad. Vindicators are awesome against everything.
Landspeeder typhoons will kick arse if you can get them. More vindicators=always good. Maybe a dakka pred or possibly a whirlwind. If he has NO shooting then a thunderfire cannon is good. Sternguard would also help.
Hq, unless you make an uber combat squad then you'll want a support HQ. Librarian is good for this.

Out of that list I'd use (in order of priority):
Tactical Marines
Librarian
Dreadnought (as counter-assualt or drop pod)
Assualt Marines/Terminators (get a flamer on the assualt marines if you run them).
Scouts
Devestators

Watch out for deffkoptas speed, he'll probs targe your vindy with them which can be painful. Dreadnought in pod could take out battle wagon.
Good luck and happy list making.

·
1,880 Posts
You want to take out Orks and hordes...FLAMERS and Whirlwind (incendiary round) would do it. You'd be dropping lots of boys left and right (guard too). I love the idea of Telion to snipe the klaws too!

Kinda crappy against higher save armies, but Whirlwind's are great against hordies...

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Just a subtle little trick I haven't seen used very much is when you split your tactical squads into combat squads is to put the heavy weapon squads in front of your special weapon/ sergeant squads. Once the enemy reaches your lines the first units to fall are the ones with heavy weapons, which are considerably less useful at this range guaranteeing that you will get to shoot with your flamer before the unit is charged and wiped out. Not game breaking, but useful.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
The basic counters:

Vehicles (all kinds): melta weapons. Put 'em in a tac squad or mount 'em on speeders or bikes and go get 'em!

Hordes: Mech up and use flamers. Don't forget you can fire flamers out of rhinos. Power Klaws are dangerous, but any warboss who relies on them to crack vehicles has lost before the game has started. Other than them, fear not the horde, as long as you're in the rolling box.

That pretty much says it all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.