Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't deside wether I want to get a vindicator, or a land raider! For Heavy support, I already have: a Predator aniholator, and a whirlwind. Any help as to which I should get would be nice.
I'm at the moment, leaning more in the direction of the Vindicator, but I want a newer looking one, so I would have to buy a rhino too, and convert it, not a problem, I just don't want to screw up. Please help.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
I would probally stay away from the Vindictor due to the short range. So the answer to your question would be a land raider; although, this is a rather expensive vehicle so I'd only take it in high point games. Other units to consider (for anti armour) would be a unit of Devastators or a Dreadnought with Twin-Linked Lascannon's and ML. If you took devastator give them a squad of 8 with 4 Lascannon's for anti-armour.

Ben

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you want one of those two models, I would go for the vindicator save the land raider for high point games (1850+). The problem with the land raider is that it costs so many points and if you do not transport a unit in it you are wasting some of it potential. With the vindicator you get a strength 10 ordinance weapon for less points. The trick is getting it close enough to use that gun, due to the short range (24in). Try to use cover or other vehicle to restrict how many shoot can be directed towards it. I would put extra armor and smoke launchers as this tank will draw a lot of fire.

It would also offer you some good modeling opportunities.

Just my thoughts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Do you really need the heavy fire? If so I think another predator annihilator will work fine, it is a weaker cheaper landraider but you're getting the lascannons still X3, one twinlinked. It would make your army seem a bit more threatening with that much fire coming from two tanks.

A better replacement for the vindicator (usually used to kill high armor troops...like SM) would be a devestator squad with 4 plasma cannons....costly but hellish. Make sure you have 4 extra marines to take wounds.

Cleanse and purify is insane for plasma cannon tactical squads. It is your best bet to kill hevay infantry and its lighter on points.

Switch to Predator annihilators if you are in to killing tanks.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
I don't really see how Cleanse and Purify comes into play when working with plasma cannons...C+P allows tac squads to take an extra Special weapon...Plasma cannons are heavy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think that zephyr is under the impression that dev squads can swap there heavy weapons for special weapons. unfortunatley this is wrong, but would be way cool.

·
Registered
214 Posts
As of what you have I would say go for the LR, it can transport whatever and still maintain great anti-tank firepower!
It depends on what you play though!

HPA

·
Registered
355 Posts
I recommend the Vindicator. The Land Raider is way overpriced for what you get: 2 lascannon shots and 3 HB shots. True, they are all twin-linked, but the most you can hit are 5 models. Wounds from a Vindicator are killing anything that doesn't have an invunerable save. Being an ordnance weapon is a bonus when you consider that even a miss may still kill enemy models. All for 1/2 the cost of a Land Raider. What do you think will send a more chilling message to your enemy, 1 Land Raider or 2 Vindicators?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Vindicator. The only unit which can kill CSM Daemon Princes, squish any target it shoots at be it Tank (highest S+ordnance), MC low ap. Or squad. Template.

It can roll arround using cover and 30" effective range is good. Especialy as a defensive asset.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've fielded my Vindicator in two games now and I love the thing. It's been my best use of a bit of plasticard and a toothpaste cap yet. Scares the crap out of people and lets my transports survive long enough to do their job. I field an LRC as well, but honestly I just do it because I enjoy the model and everyone I play with plays fairly friendly armies (except my friend who plays IW... that's not so friendly. At least it's not too bad on the cheese.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would go for the vindicator, it give's you a really fair chance to kill more then its costs.

And damn just look at the demolisher cannon, if that doesnt scare your opponent...

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
If you choose to buy the Vindicator, never use it against a shooty army like Tau or Imperial guard. Otherwise it will never get in range with its gun to destroy anything.

On the other hand, armies that come to you the Vindicator can be really effective and be able to dish out some pretty serious damage.

Ben

1 - 13 of 13 Posts