Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Everyone here seems to be very helpfull to n00bs in picking an army. I've read a few of the other posts and narrowed it down to Imperial Guard, Tau, or Witch Hunters. I'm currently leaning towards Witch Hunters mainly because I like the models and the fluff. I hope you can give me advice in wich army would better suit my style of play.

I've played with high elves in warhammer fantasy battles and would like an army that I can control as closely as posible. In this manner, I'd like my army not to have that many miniatures. Also, I'm getting a bit tired of all the melee fighting, and would like an army that, rightly handled, can win a battle by shooting alone. One other thing, I'm a bit of a defensive player. Could you also tell me from your observations, which army of the three apears to have the highest sucess rate?

Thanks to everyone who can offer their advise.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
Maybe Tau?

Well out of those armies, Tau seems to be the one that suits you best. They don't have a huge amount of models but will often out number some armies. Its best for long range shooting and you could play it defensively using jump packs to jump out shoot and jump back. But, Imperial Guard are still good although they have a lot of models you have to build and paint. Imperial Guard is also a more defensive army. I don't relaly know much about Witch Hunters because me nor my friends play them. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
147 Posts
witch hunters. they are sweet and i agree with you on the models. and if you get stuck you can always allign with Daemon Hunters

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone

Thanks to everyone who's helped me out with this matter. I'm still leaning towards Witch Hunters. But before I start spending money by buying a codex, I'd really apreciate anyone's advice in critiquing this army so that I know if it will suit my type of play or not. If it doesn't then I would go with the tau army.

·
Registered
664 Posts
from what you told us tau seem to be the best for you.unlike the imperial guard they are mobile.a mobile army with a sick amount of firepower.take tau,it would make me happy :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts