Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup Chaos brothers!

I'm going against a Space Marine player soon and although I think I could roll him with my orks, I've been playing with my Chaos lately and want to stick with them. Here is what he typically runs.

I don't know all the specifics, but he typically has:
Several 5 man tactical squads with lascannons or rocket launchers.
1-2 Predator Annihilators (Lascannon turrets with Lascannon sponsoons)
2-3 Land Speeder with Autocannons
Captain with Retinue with more lascannons/rockets

He will sit in the back, in cover and try to shoot you to death before you can even get to him. I know I want to use cover to stop as much of that as possible, but and trying to think about what might be good to try to take him down with the forces of Chaos. Fast army with raptors and bikes? Drop heavy army? Mass horde army? To be honest, I don't care if it is very "cheesy" because his list is very much a power gamer "cheesy" list. The point limit is 1500.

Here is a couple of configurations I've come up with so far. Any CC would be great. Thanks!

Lots of Armor
DP - Slaneesh Lash Wings
Sorc - Slaneesh Wings Lash

6 CSM Chaos Glory
Melta
Champ Fist
Rhino

6 CSM Chaos Glory
Melta
Champ Fist
Rhino

6 CSM Chaos Glory
Melta
Champ Fist
Rhino

2 Predators
Autocannon
Las Spons
Hvy Armor

1 Vindicator
Demon Pos

6 Raptors - Slaneesh
Champ/Fist

Drop Army
DP - Tzeentch Warptime
Greater Demon

5 Chosen - 2 Plasma
Chaos Glory
6 Chose - 2 Plasma/Champ
Chaos Glory

9 CSM
Melta/Chaos Glory
Champ/Fist
Rhino

8 CSM
Melta/Chaos Glory
Champ/Fist
Rhino

Obliterator
Obliterator
Obliterator

4 Termies
Karmoon Special
1Hvy Flamer
1 Chainfist

6 Lesser Demons

Fast Army
DP - Slaneesh Lash Wings
Sorc - Slaneesh Wings Lash

6 CSM Chaos Glory
Melta
Champ Fist
Rhino

6 CSM Chaos Glory
Champ Fist
Rhino

4 Bikers
2 Melta
Champ/Fist

8 Raptors - Slaneesh
Champ/Fist

5 Lesser Demons
6 Lesser Demons

As for what I could have alternatively, I don't have any god specific models except for Khorne Bezerkers.

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Invest in a couple of Rhinos, and use them as cover to move the Raptors up? Once the raptors get there, drop tons of things such as terminators down on them. He would not like Abbadon either. I know people generally do not like him, and he is a pointsink, but if he gets into CC, he will kill anything.

So try dropping things onto him. Perhaps using some obbies too, to do suicide twin linked Melta shots.

You could try a deamon bomb. Ride up with bikes and a couple of sorcerers, summon deamons, and lash him near you, to let the demons charge. Then drop A few terminators with chain fists in, just to hurt the tanks.

Just rad mavings though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts