Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm designing my own chapter. So far i decided its going to be wise (so they will have scions from mars, heed the wisdom of the ancients, and honor your war gear.) Do you thing this will work: tech marine with servitors and command squad for HQ, 3 ven dreads for elite, troop just some regular marines with bolters for mid range fire support, all assault squad squads for fast attack and finally for heavy a vindicator, predator annihilator and land raider.(this is for the future so i don't buy any thing i wont need.) It gonna be a little vehicle heavy as you can see and all shooting stuff will anti infantry and anti tank. command squad, tech marine, dreads and assaults for CC.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I like the idea but you have a major problem.

Technically it is illegal. You can't take all three advantages from a trait and you will also have to take a drawback.

The best you can do is take 2 advantages and a major drawback.

Sorry to tell you this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the idea but you have a major problem.

Technically it is illegal. You can't take all three advantages from a trait and you will also have to take a drawback.

The best you can do is take 2 advantages and a major drawback.

Sorry to tell you this.
oh yeah i forgot to put the drawback is eye to eye. so ill forget the honor your wargear trait.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Love your plan... I've been playing around with these traits. I just love the idea of a Tech Marine as a commander for the army it's just so cool and fluffy and I love the model.

I can see why you have dropped the "honour your wargear" trait although what is pretty funny is if you drop the sircons of mars and that way if I am not mistaken you can take devestators as elites and normal dreads as Heavy support and when you get to deployment it would trip your opponent out lol.

I love doing weird things like that puts your opponent slightly off before he starts and could cause a tactical error later in the game.

·
Tactical Avante-Gard
2,095 Posts
*As Sheogorath*
Welcome, welcome.
First of all, how many points are you going to go? Also, you want help on your whole Chapter, so I'll be willing to help with other things like themes (unifying and colour), but for now the army list.
Your minimum list will be, most likely, about 1,500pts with those specified units, and let's see what you'd get:
15 jetpackers, 1 tech, 9 command staff (including said servitors), 6 vehicles+, and 10 ground pounders.
35 infantry and 6 vehicles.
Not for 1,500pts. Because you'll want at least ONE of your s to have an upgrade, yes? This will make you cost SO much more than you'd think. Upgrades are the sneaky tax, and it is a dear one.

But if you give us a list I'll gladly help you with this on more certain terms. It's better to go from an existing template as far as advice (and its doling out) is concerned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts