Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just re-started tyranids with the newest codex. I need some help with my some what balanced army. here it is right now.

Hive Tyrant w/
2 scything talons, toxin sacs, wings, warpfield
178pts

5 warriors w/ death spitters, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, extended carapace, 1 w/ venom cannon
190pts

5 warriors w/ death spitters, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, extended carapace, 1 w/ venom cannon
190pts

16 Hormagaunts, toxin sacs, adrenal glands (I)
208pts

208pts

208pts

17 Termigants
102pts

18 Termigants
108pts

18 Termigants
108pts

Carnifex w/ Twin Barbed strangler, Enhanced senses, extended carapace, Reinforced Chiitin
173pts

Carnifex w/ Scything talons X 2, Reinforce Chitin, Extended Carapace, adrenal glands (W and I), Toxic Miasma, tusks(it looks cool),
175pts

1848pts

Help me out

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bigshindig said:
Hive Tyrant w/
2 scything talons, toxin sacs, wings, warpfield
178pts
--Good, use to provide synapse for hormogaunts

Bigshindig said:
190pts

190pts
--Not a big fan of the death spitter with the new rules. If your opponent spread his troop out 2in you will one be able to hit one with each shoot. I would change one squad to devourers, the other you could leave if you want for anti light/medium vehicle purposes. Also, you need to add another weapon, I would advise either scything talons or rending claws. The rending claws would probably be better for your list seeing that you do not have any rending and they do not really need any of the close combat biomorphs in order to be effective.

Bigshindig said:
208pts

208pts

208pts
Good, use them to tie up high priority shooting units.

Bigshindig said:
17 Termigants
102pts

18 Termigants
108pts

18 Termigants
108pts
Good, use as a second wave with your warriors and with strength 4 gun they can even take down skimmers if they can get close enough.

Bigshindig said:
Carnifex w/ Twin Barbed strangler, Enhanced senses, extended carapace, Reinforced Chiitin
173pts
Good

Bigshindig said:
Carnifex w/ Scything talons X 2, Reinforce Chitin, Extended Carapace, adrenal glands (W and I), Toxic Miasma, tusks(it looks cool),
175pts
Close combat fexs are not considered all that effective, but if you want to use one this is not a bad setup. Otherwise switch it to the same set up as above to provide some more anti tank punch or use the same set up as above with two twin-linked devourers.

Those are some of my basic suggestions, hope it helps

·
Registered
670 Posts
OT5 covered almost everything again, but i would like to add that i find with the hormies, it's best for numbers, over the biomorphs. BY dropping the biomorphs on them, you can save 144pts, which is almost another unit of 16, or a stealer squad. You could also chuck a cc warrior squad in with RC, ST, leaping, Ag-I and EC. Three go for 114pts and can help the tyrant with synapse for the homries, as well as adding extra punch. It's up to you though.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Close combat Carnifex's are actually more usefull than most people give them credit for. There are so many assault oriented armies out there (Since assault is better than shooting 40k years in the future for some stupid reason) that if a CC Fex is used correctly, it can provide support by denying the opponent certain area's of the table or just plain keep your opponent from moving in that area.

Remember, that a model does not ever have to necessarily see any fighting to earn it's points back. If I have one model that wins me the game because my opponent is psyched out about it, then it's worth it, even if it didn't score any points.

·
Registered
699 Posts
well i dont know what with the obsession about the units must get its points back. if he survives the battle then the unit has taken its points. i think its only when the unit is destroyed you should try to make the oponent lose something of equalent value.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry guys, my warriors DO have scything talons. I knew I was forgetting to write something. how would you feel about cc warriors with some biomorphs, scything talons, rending claws, and leaping in this army? do people generally take wings with devourer armed warriors. I knew I would need to fix these guys, they did'nt really seem right to me. what would you equipt your 2 broods of warriors with?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Personally i love the RC, ST, AG-I, EC and leaping combintation cause they're relatively cheap on points, and can cause huge amounts of damage to MEQ's on cc, as well as provide great synapse support.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.