Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Paladins of Frozen Blood

paint scheem and name have bin picked, thanks everyone
the name is Paladins of Frozen Blood

more including, terminators, assault squad, and commander to come

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did u just wash the whole model with a watered down paint? Looks very similar to an effect i tried when i first started. Ok lets see. The model does have an ancient feel to it, and if you lyk the colour then stick to it. What i would suggest though is painting the sholder pad lines, gaps between the armour, eyes, kneepads etc. Maybe a black, white? For a name, id look at some ancient history books or sites or something, maybe something named after a mythical god or something?

Hope this helps and good luck!

...SquishyB

P.S...i think the sholder pads are on the wrong way aswell, although i dont think this really matters in game.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually, i put the sholder pads that way just cause i wanted somthing different, and i like the way it looked. and i relized i should paint those things you pointed out, i painted the shoulder pad lines and the gaps between the armor, i will post updated pics later, i think it does infact look better.i also tried tto shade it some aswell

the effect it actually drybrushed white, and various blue ink on the armor

thanks, more pics tonight

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pos. names

Relic Guardians
Ancient Guard
Past Masters
Lords of Epoch

more to come

like the color scheme, although perhaps try a darker red (red gore?) and wash with a slightly darker red, then highlight to show chipped paint?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
here's some pics of what i did last night, im goin to do some more work on it aswell, i also built and primed some models last night so ill start on some more

i actually was thinking about ancient guard myself, and palidan would be cool to incorpirate

thanks, please keep coming with tose tips, im really greatfull for em

[edit] here's one, Palidans of old
did a little more work with my trusty blue ink working on shadows, highlights, ect..

[edit 2] i decided to switch the shoulder pads back to normal, because of it woulr be a pain to convert metal models that way, and because i want to get some of the dark angels metal models with the cloaks, i think that may add to the ancient look, plus i have no experience with green stuff at the moment, if i do get to do that academy thing, i belive they teach you how to do stuff with it, im more of a hands on learner, i have trouble reading tutorials, rules, ect... thats probably why i've had trouble learning how to play just from reading

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
well, my parents dont want to drive me to the store cause its in a mall, even though they go farther away for my brothers lacrosse, so i cant do the academy thing:cry: so i need to learn about green stuff and playing elsewhere.

but on a good note, im working on a couple of other models, and am stripping paint off of some other ones, including a terminator squad, which look cool

uhh..... still trying to come up with a name, ancient palidans..........uhh, i dont know

·
Registered
402 Posts
I really like the Paladins of frozen blood.This incorporates the blue ink that you used as well as the Snow/ancient effect on them. Have you thought about basing yet?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i like that one to, im thinking baby some rocks and snow, or somthing along those lines, i really like that pofb name, now all i need is an icon, any suggestions?

·
Registered
402 Posts
nothing on icons, but the snowbase would be nice contrast to the model.Only thing is the ancient effect on the models might just look like snow.

Tygra

·
Registered
402 Posts
An Ash base might look neat.Your models would seem really tough then,being Palidins of frozen blood on a volcano world!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was thinking of an icon i could use and thoughtof this, take a teardrop
transfer, then paint it blue, and drybrush on white to get the ancient/frozen look, and then two swords crossed to represent the palidan,

comment, ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. the blue will be nice contrast to the red.I was thinking more towards hammers than swords for the paladin bit.

Reactions: wiglebienie

·
Registered
402 Posts
GW Enchanted blue with an ice blue highlight.Or just add some white to your enchanted blue for the highlight.Make sure to water down your paint on the palette about 60:40 paint to water.Use clean water aswell. Hope to see some pics soon!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts