Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm about to do the schools league (600 pts) and I need help for an army list
The models I have are:
1 Farseer
3 Warlocks
2 five man squads of dire avengers
1 war walker
1 auruturch (sorry for spelling)

I need help for draft army lists you'd suggest and models you think I need

Thanks

·
1,249 Posts
You'll want at least 1 wave serpent. I'm not sure you'll want 2 at 600 points, but you'll definitely want 1. Past that, it depends. An unbound army of 3 wave serpents each with 5 dire avengers would be very hard to kill (and not earn you any friends, ever) but that's only if you're going the WAAC route (and you're allowed unbound).

IMO: Eldar are hard to make work at lower points values, are squads are specialized, so we need the ability to bring multiple squads to cover any given role, and that just doesn't happen at 600. Generic armies who can deal with anything (necrons for example) have an easier time at extremely low points values.

·
Registered
251 Posts
^
+1. Possibly take some spiders/walkers if you are feeling adventurous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I could tell, my 750pt Escalation list kicked butt, it's as follows, you can change it really easily to adapt to buy the least amount of models possible.
1 Warlock
1 Farseer on a Jetbike, Stone of Anath'lan
10 Guardians+Brightlance Platform
1 Wave Serpent TW Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields
5 Rangers
1 Wraithlord 2x Flamer+Ghostglaive
1 Wraithlord 2x Flamer+Brightlance

600 is a strange points total but I would probably drop the two Wraithlords ($47.00 kits), that gives us 115 points to work up to 600.
Add the Warwalker with Scatterlaser+Starcannon, that's 70 points, we have 45 left, here i'm at a loss, Not sure that Holofields would be worth putting on the Walker, you could probably pay for a few more rangers with those 45 points, not sure you just have to play with what you have left.

Actually Mantle of the Laughing god is 40 points, buy that, then you have 5 points left over, I'd call it done there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could give the warlock a singing spear for the 5 points
If only I had the money to do that at list cos it does sound beast

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 600 point army list is as follows:
1 farseer w/ witchblade
3 warlocks all w/ witch blades
1 five man dire avengers w/ exarch w/ dire sword and pistol
Same as one above but exarch has power weapon and shimmer sheild
Falcon w/shuriken cannon and scatter laser
1 war walker w/ bright lance and star cannon

So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you want to win, follow ShadowCat's advice. He is very knowledgeable.

Falcons are mediocre at best, dire avengers are kinda expensive and should only be taken bare bones IMO. Warlocks on foot aren't going to do much, same goes for the farseer. The war walker should also either have BLBL, SCSC, or BL Scatterlaser/SCSL.

·
Registered
277 Posts
At a 600pt limit you are going to be looking at primarily infantry lists so a large amount of anti armour is not hugely useful. I would advise looking towards your future in 40k and by things you would eventually like to have in a larger army and there are several units in the an eldar army that never really go amiss such as wave serpents, warp spiders, war walkers and jetbikes. Personally I would suggest a couple we of war walkers and jetbikes next.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually, Falcons are ok... only when there are Wave Serpents as well. Opponents may ignore the Falcon and go after the WSs first. That may leave your Falcon free to dakka light armour and infantry at a fairly comfortable range. BTW, I am biased as I love the model of the Falcon.

That said, in this low points game, it is much better to spend less points for an effective transport that works very well as a heavy tank. That would be the Wave Serpent. Best armed with Twin-linked Scatter lasers. Protect it with holofields. Shuriken Cannon upgrade is useful as well, if you plan to use the shield as a shield...

The Warwalker best with Scatter laser w brightlance or starcannon. To take advantage of the laser lock rule.

I dunno about warlocks foot slogging. They die too easily. But if you have the models, go play them! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.