Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im gonna be facing off against the new Chaos for the first time tonite and using the new orks for only the 2nd time. I was wasndering if anyone can give me some tips as to what to use against them. I will likely be facing off against:

sevral squads of marines in rhinos
tooled up lord
oblits
defiler
vindicator/predator
termies/raptors

probobly playing at 1000 or 1500 points. I have at my disposal:

Warboss
10 nobz (varying weapons, plenty with PKs)
~20 shoota boyz
~22 slugga boys
3 killa kans
dread
4 trukks (red paint)
6 rokkit buggies
2 skorcha tracks
battlewagon
looted wagon
~12 ard boyz
~12 stormboyz
20-40 grotz
~6 heavy weapon guys (4 burnas, rest big shootas)

As you can see my list has the potential to be fast (used to run a speed freaks) but i dont know if this will cut it versus the super versatile marines. Any pointers or advice on what to choose would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Zezza

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would basically just suggest you continue on as you were in your old list because it looks like all told you only have about 1500 points total. I would steer away from the skorchas because they wont hurt marines very much. The gretchin are pretty useless nowadays so I wouldn't use them either. I would recommend that you take the rokkit buggies for tank hunting, mount up two mobs of slugga boyz in trukks with pk nobs for fast striking, put the ard boyz in the battlewagon, (maybe see if you can get a few more models than 12) and put the warboss in with them for a mainstay unit. Take the looted wagon with a boomgun to try to down any marines on foot and maybe consider the kans to give you some more combat punch and to absorb some fire away from you trukks. All told that should only be around 1000 points, so if you have to go higher try a nob mob in the last truk with a painboy, eavy armour and a few klaws. Send that unit after base troops as they will have a ridiculously hard time wounding the nobz as they get munched by power klaws. A nice big mob of shoota boyz with two big shootaz and a nob with a PK wouldn't be a bad idea as they can capure objectives really well and will bring the hurt at both range and in combat, plus let's not forget the possible psychological effects fo a big mob like that.

If you are able to do some proxying in your games then a shokk attak gun is a must in my mind, it is one of the most effective weapons we have against terminators and it wil munch marines even easier. Also if you can proxy some models use a burna boyz mob of 10-15 with three big shoota meks in the battlewagon instead of the 'ard boyz. They will do much better against marines in combat and the meks will help keep the battlewagon running.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks fo the response,

As it turns out i used almost exactly what u suggested, great minds think alike and all that. 4 trukks with 2 slugga units, 1 ard boyz with warboss, and 1 with nobz in it. 6 rokkit buggies, battlewagon, 20 shoota boyz with weirdboy and 3 kans was my lot, pretty much the same as before, and i won, massacred him! anyways thanks for the advice!

Cheers
Zezza

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Nifty

Hey thanks fo the response,

As it turns out i used almost exactly what u suggested, great minds think alike and all that. 4 trukks with 2 slugga units, 1 ard boyz with warboss, and 1 with nobz in it. 6 rokkit buggies, battlewagon, 20 shoota boyz with weirdboy and 3 kans was my lot, pretty much the same as before, and i won, massacred him! anyways thanks for the advice!

Cheers
Zezza
Out of curiosity, did he use lash?

Two weeks ago, I played a Chaos player who was using two HQ units that each had the 'lash' ability, and although I was immune to the pinning tests, it was virtually impossible for me to assault him on foot. Also, he had a large number of lascannons, which made mincemeat of most of my tanks and vehicles.

Still, I kept counter-assaulting with boyz in trukks, used rokkit buggies to take out his light tanks, and overwhelmed two monstrous creatures and a team of terminators in close combat.

Ultimately he won the game, and ultimately the tournament, but our game was close to a tie, which is better than anyone else did against him at the tournament.

Of course, losing is still losing, so I was wondering if you faced a similar setup, and if so, how you dealt with it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey again,
Im glad to say he didnt have the lash ability, he gave his lord the mark of khorne with a deamon weapon (he got 17 attacks in CC!) with khorne termies as well. As i didnt really have any footslogging cc troops (all in trukks bar the shoota boyz) i was probably able to handle a maximum of 2 vehicles of units being moved around per turn. Even if he had the lash ability and he moved 2 of my trukks back, there would be still another 2 which would get 2nd turn charges, as well as 10 other vehicles to worry about. Sory to hear about the loss at the tournament though, theres always next time!

Cheers
Zezza

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Not a problem

Hey again,
Im glad to say he didnt have the lash ability, he gave his lord the mark of khorne with a deamon weapon (he got 17 attacks in CC!) with khorne termies as well. As i didnt really have any footslogging cc troops (all in trukks bar the shoota boyz) i was probably able to handle a maximum of 2 vehicles of units being moved around per turn. Even if he had the lash ability and he moved 2 of my trukks back, there would be still another 2 which would get 2nd turn charges, as well as 10 other vehicles to worry about. Sory to hear about the loss at the tournament though, theres always next time!

Cheers
Zezza
They can't lash vehicles, so you don't have to worry about them moving around your trukks. The main concern for trukks was lascannons, but I managed to keep them out of sight, for the most part. Footsloggers were the ones hurt by lash, especially since he can use lash twice on the same unit, moving it 4d6 per turn, and all he has to do is make a leadership test of 10 each time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congratulations on the win! Out of curiosity, how did the kans do in this battle? I've been wanting to put together a dred mob but im not too sure if a lot of kans will regularly pay their points back, so it would be nice to know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah ok, im not totally read up on the new chaos dex yet, ill need to get studying!

Actually the killa kans did amazingly well, they killed his dreadnought in the first round (3 rokkits on the kans) 2 obliterators and a vindicator tank too, all from shooting! I was really impressed with them, the extra bs really pays for itself, and all my kans were still alive and well at the end of the battle. If the rumour that there will be plastic kans becoming available in the future is true i might be tempted to get another 6 of them!

Cheers again guys
Zezza

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.