Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am entering a fantasy 2000 doubles tourney next week(1000 from each side ) i'll be teamed with vampire counts i need help with a list but i haven't got much, i have 15 sea guard, 15 spearmen, 5 white lions, 6 silver helms, a repeater bolt thrower, and a lion chariot

for heroes i have; 3 nobles, 2 mages, korhil and a dragon mage
all help apreciated

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Vampire counts are great at holding up units, and I think the VC player would appreciate you playing a hammer role.

So:

Lvl. 2 Dragon Mage 420
Guardian Phoenix
Silver Wand

18 Spearmen 207
FC
War Banner

6 Dragon Princes ***

(Just use 3 of the Sea Guard as Spearmen and Silver Helm models as Dragon Princes)

RBT ***

5 White Lions
Champion
Musician

If my calculations are correct, that's excactly 1000p. Some might have problems with using "counts as" rules, but you shouldn't have too much trouble convincing them, I think.

Good luck :dance:

Regards,

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Yep, there is. A Dragon Mage rides a Sun Dragon, and I think this fact will be enough to convince him not to take a Stank. It's the weakest Dragon and should for an Empire player prove not to be too hard to take down.

·
Blistering Barnacles!
895 Posts
That unit of White Lions looks precariously small. Better take them off and bump up the spearmen or give the dragon a dispel scroll or something instead.

and of course there's a dragon in that list, why else is he called a DRAGON MAGE...?

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
I'd MAKE like I was bringing a Dragon Mage, but instead turn up with two normal mages and dominate the magic phases of the game. The Dragon Mage will end up being your general and you don't want him galavantinmg off too much. I would also take a Battle-Standard, and ensure that I take the Lion Standard and the Standard of balance for your cavalry regiment and your BSB, who can sit with teh STUBBORN White Lions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very quick list
15 spearmen
f.c

15 sea guard
shields
f.c

6 reavers
bows
f.c

RBT

noble(bsb)
battle banner
shield
heavy armour
hand weapon
longbow

noble
elven steed
spear
heavy armour
shield
reaver bow
talisman of protection

comes to 999 points
any improvements?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.