Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fairly new person to 40k only been playing since about September. and i have a few questions about how an ork player can take down big armor tanks like land raiders or monoliths with out getting to close with tho power claws. in my group of friends 2 of them are space marine ( dark angels and blood angels) and the other being necrons.

i was just wondering if there is a better way to take out this big 14 armor tanks with out getting into close range.

any advise would be great.

·
429 Posts
Well, the answer is no, there is not a better way. But you can stack your hand so that you have a few options. Rokkit Buggies are very very cheap; you just don't want to be relying on your BS2 rokkit for an AV14 vehicle; twin linked or not. The more of these you take, the more you pad your stats. For AV13 and below, lootas are fantastic. S7 AP4 D3 shots. Money. They are very fragile though so you have to be careful. Giving these guys a static battlewagon to shoot out of isn't a horrible idea. If not, stick them in cover and make sure they're insulated from assault.

Ultimately, the mighty powerklaw is the best for popping AV14 vehicles. The best thing to do as Orks though is ignore it. Get your boyz upfield to start stompin'. Having one squad tarpitting a terminator unit that arrived via land raider isn't the end of the world; in fact, sometimes it's optimal. Always take more boyz.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya, I have to agree with that. In my experience (which isn't a WHOLE lot...) Power Klaws are the most reliable way to bring down AV14 vehichles, especially with a Warboss. However, if you don't NEED to destroy the vehicles, it's probably best to not bother, and don't try wasting too many shots, when you have like a 10% chance of doing any significant damage. The same goes for any monsterous creatures with toughness 6 or higher, and multiple wounds.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Shameless Plug

Just a few notes on how to deal with armour in general.

But more to do with your specific worry, theres 2 types of armour value 14 vehicles. Those that have AV14 at the rear, and those that lack any significant armour at the back.

Those that don't have the extra protection at tehe rear leave themselves open to a power klaw in the face. This doesn't have to come from the Nobz, deff koptas are handy for this too.

The other catagory, those with Av14 all round, theres only 2 that spring to mind in the mainstream of Warhammer 40,000 and those are the two that you mentioned: the monolith and the Land raiders. best advice? figure out just why you are scared of them. The main worry with Land raiders is that they usually contain something nasty inside them. Monoliths are usually just an annoyance with a large blast template. Depending on the list that you are using determines just how you deal with these targets.

If you are playing Horde orks then you have enough to tackle whatever comes out of a land raider and then the vehicle itself. Just make sure that you get a chance to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts