Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys Im still new to Tomb kings but not new to fantasy in general by any sense of the word.

But I have never played against dark elves before either, what are the dark elves going to be specializing in and what units as a TK commander should i field to thwart his plans. Any advice is appreciated

Should I take a giant to plow through his weak troops or is his WS not going to be reliable enough against the dark elves. I dunno if i can out shoot those repeater bolt throwers either, and I think he will be taking repeater crossbowmen as well.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Well not much in the DE army will be able to hurt your giant.. Just have to watch out for the bolt throwers. Ushabti would probably be a good choice too.

The most dangerous thing in a DE army is dark riders, they can play hell on your flanks. Take a couple of units of archers to sort them out, then use the archers on his rank and file since they are pretty soft. DE have good offensive magic, so watch out for that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thx for the advice, I think ill be able to out shoot him if i get the chance. Ill have to think it over if im going to go shootie heavy or not

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm yeah Ill be fielding a khalida army most likely, with support from my Bone Giant/ SSC/ Unit of Ushabti. Ill also have 2-3 dispell scrolls floating around waiting for those buster spells that have a high power.

The game is going to be this saturday, wish me luck. Ill let you guys know how well I fair against the dark skinned

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heh

Well it was a massacre. I dominated his force with hails of arrows. I guess it helped when i nailed his unit of 20 xbow men with the ssc first half of turn one and they and the unit of dark riders next to them ran off the board immediatly =D. He took his general as some special character that rides a cold one named spite or something. Well thx to the coldone failing his Stupidity test 2 turns in a row. He didnt get his general up in time to help his executioners against my ushabti, which by the way are my favorite unit in the army so far. My scorpions fell off the board trying to get to his RBT :(( but I cant expect everything to go my way. Thx for the advice guys.

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
Crawlah said:
Well it was a massacre. I dominated his force with hails of arrows. I guess it helped when i nailed his unit of 20 xbow men with the ssc first half of turn one and they and the unit of dark riders next to them ran off the board immediatly =D. He took his general as some special character that rides a cold one named spite or something. Well thx to the coldone failing his Stupidity test 2 turns in a row. He didnt get his general up in time to help his executioners against my ushabti, which by the way are my favorite unit in the army so far. My scorpions fell off the board trying to get to his RBT :(( but I cant expect everything to go my way. Thx for the advice guys.
When setting up the scorpions also consider they have 14 charge so does not really have to be spot on.

congrats on the massacre!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts