Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my brother are kind of new to warhammer. we both have 500 pt armies. I'm lizardmen an he's bretonnia. we have been playing skirmishes but it gets a bit boring after a while so we wanted to start a campaign. Could i possibly get some help with some ideas

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Welcome to the forums Brit! You picked a pretty slow time of year, and a pretty slow section to post in, but I'll try to help you out any way.

So far, two great articles have been written about running a campaign.
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/fb-campaigns/166185-zemas-tips-narrative-campaigns.html#post1439233
Like the title says, these are Zema's thoughts on organizing narrative campaigns. There are a lot of good ideas in here, and it's a brief read. People have had a lot of success using Zema's ideas.

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/fb-campaigns/189260-tactica-campaign-writer.html#post1642930
This is an article that I wrote a while ago. It's much much longer than Zema's, and focuses mainly on map campaigns. Early on it discusses Narrative campaigns, and the later sections on special rules and other features might be something to look in to for ideas.

My suggestion for yourself and your brother is to run a Node campaign. There is a link in the first post of my article that will take you to the section about Node campaigns.
The trouble with a 2 person narrative, is that you're going to have to decide on the story after every game or before you fight any battles (which means you know the ending) or you'll have to make up the story as you go along. That's not a problem if you have a Campaign Master, who's not doing any of the fighting and is just giving you a cool story to play in, but with just the two of you, you might lock horns a bit.

A node campaign though, gives you a set of prewritten rules, that you both agree on, and then you fight for little bits of terrain each game. One game you might take over his Factory, the next game he might counterattack and take a forest or Farmland. It won't give you a real "story", but it will give you a record of what your Duke or Slann has been up to.

If you really just want to play a story, you could always look for a prewritten campaign (even if it's for another game) and modify it to suit your needs. My friends and I had beaten every story line in the videogame 'Kingdom Under Fire' once, and knew the outcomes and objectives for every character in every battle. We simply replayed them all on the Fantasy table top, with the same conditions and rewards. It made for a very interesting campaign indeed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts