Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I'm at a loss. In the campaign I am in, it is run by a friend who helps judicate the campaign is mostly for helping teach new players and players with new armies how to best use them at varying point values. We are slowly rising in points, 200 about every 6 weeks so that is 6-12 games depending on if you play both games each Friday night. I thought that I still had until 900 points until vehicles, but I misread and it means that vehicles (with the exception of a few) and 4 wound models will now be allowed. The missions are many and varied, many from Rogue Traders and Tournaments such are entering night fight half way through the battle or capturing objective markers and running with them.

I need to know what kind of list will keep me and my bugs competitive with the new threat of tanks, larger demon princes, and a host of other nasties. I have 22 Genestealers and a Broodlord but can buy more bugs when I need them. The list is a Genestealers based army and while another squad of genestealers would be great I doubt their effectiveness vs a Predator tank and its ilk.

The armies that I am most likely to face are Marines (Space Wolves, Salamanders, and Blood Angels), Chaos, Sisters of Battle, My dad's Dark Eldar (nasty group too), a couple Demon Hunters, and Tau. I don't want to kill a specific type of list, though slicing through MEQs would be nice. Mostly I need advice on what works and what doesn't, why something works, and things along those lines.

·
señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
Welcome to LO!

You have a couple options.

You could take a Gun' fex.

-Carnifex
+Venom Cannon
+Barbed Strangler
-Extended Carapace
-Enhanced Senses

A cheaper option would be taking a Zoanthrope with Warp Blast.

There's also the shooty Hive Tyrant.

Hope that helped at least a little!

~Ben

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yep , you could try a Gunfex. You could use a Dakka fex (2 TL Dev, Enhanced Senses) with the Ex. Carapace upgrade the Reinforced Chitin and Bonded exoskeleton... I used it once (today against DE) and he couldn't even wound me in CC. Try fielding Warriors with Deathspitters and Venom Cannon/Barbed Strangler :D they can do heavy damage too. If you want a fast army, try using Hormies with Flying Warriors(for synapse) !

Good Hunting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! I have heard about the Zoanthropes being a good choice, and I do like the older ones...

·
Registered
623 Posts
I don't use zones, mainly because of their short range with the higher strength and only BS 3, making them unreliable at times. WHile more expensive, the gunfex would probab;y do more as it can shoot from turn one, and takes A LOT of fire to kill when you give it Extended carapce, and reinforced chitin (the +1 wound thing). It does make the model 188pts with VC, BS, EC, ES and ReinCh, but could be very useful, at not only anti-armour, but against high toughness models or multi-wounded models for some nice instant killing from either the VC or BS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will definetly keep the increased Save and Toughness in mind for the higher points, it will probably be a nessecity by that point, and I might need two. :shifty:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.