Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I have 2 Tomb King battalion boxes waiting to be made up and im not sure what to make everything up as. Sure, some things are fixed (chariots) but the rest im not sure about.

Im thinking of making 8 Light Cav and keeping the rest of the horses for something else down the road (no idea what tho), and im also thinking of making 40 CC warriors (hw/shiled) and 20 archers, with 2 full commands made up in total. That leaves me 4 skellies to make up and im not sure what to do with them.

Any recommendations and does that look like a good start?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
2 batallions, nice.

2 x 3 Chariots as you said. No command needed for now, keep the bits though and you can apply them in the future if needed.

May as well make up a unit of 6 Light Cav. Some people like Heavy Cav too, so make a unit of 10 of those. Playtest them a little if you like and see what you think.

64 Skellies in total. With 20 Archers, that leaves 44 to divide up. make 2 Full Commands as you said, so then 38 left. As Champs could always be used as normal warriors, then you could also effective decide to run 2 units of 20 with no command.

Alternative, do what i do. Althogh i, currently, use purely archers, i do have half my skellies made up with HW/S. I just represent the unit by putting the ones they are in the front ranks. I also have the odd spearman.. lol.
In which case, if you make up 25 of each, then youll have some left over for 2 sets of Full Command, plus other bits.

Then, just grab a Prince and 2 priests, and youre away! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the prince and priest blister sitting there, and a casket as well. Im thinking of either getting a 3rd battalion box, or 2 tomb scorpions and a catapult next. Im not sure (where i play is fine with proxing so there is no real rush on anything apart from base sizes, lol)

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Vary it up a bit, go with the Scorps and SSC. Look at Carrion and Ushabti / Tomb Guard too depeding on how you want your army to look.

·
King of Curiosity
283 Posts
I'd have to agree with phoenix but make sure to buy the tomb scorpions (they are essential in 1000 points lists) but in my first tomb kings battle i used the battalion box, two liche priests and a tomb prince and man those heavy horsemen just died so easily! so i would not use them if i were you plus you can't go wrong with any of the tomb kings special units i mean carrion are good (flying units are the best against war machines) tomb guard are pretty tough (don't end up with these guys falling apart especially with a tomb prince/king in their ranks they can hold up really well) i have not used ushabti yet but they are pretty powerful by the look of them in the book. So i wouldn't worry about special units you have enough core units by now so get the scorpions and the catapult.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I wouldn't buy another battalion box.. The cavalry are pretty crap. It is a rare few people who get TK cavalry to work well and enjoy using them, most of us don't touch them.

hw/shield is indeed a much better choice than spears, don't make any spearmen. Beyond that, it really is personal preference as to whether you want lots of shooting or not much. Perhaps make 20 of each, and have a few trial games to see what you like before assembling the rest? I personally prefer small units of 10 archers rather than large units, so I would probably do 20 archers and the rest hw/shield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts