Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all I have just started playing 40k recently. I played chaos in warhammer when I was younger though. Anyway, I am planning on getting some more units and wanted to know if it is legit for friendly or tournament play. I already have Abaddon, 12 berzerkers, 9 possesed 1 rhino(soon to be pred) 3 bikers and 1 obliterator. The ' * ' is next to the models that I already own.

HQ
1)Abaddon*
2)Bloodthirster or Tzeench

Troop
1) 20 Berzerkers (being used as CSM)
2) 12 Chaos Space Marines
3) 15 Bloodletters
4) 8 Flamers 7Horrors

Elite
1) 3 Obliterators *1
2) 10 Possesed *
3) 10+ Chosen terminator Retinue

Heavy Support
1) Defiler
2) 2 Predators

Fast
1) 3 Bikers *
2) 3 Bikers

Please tell me if this Army is legal and what I could still get or switch out to play a versatile force. ( My main enemy choices are Tyranids, Space marines, Deamon hunters)

I also have a few questions:

I) I am pretty sure if I use my berzerkers as a troop choice with Black legion I will have to cout them as basic marines.

II) I am also wondering if as a BL army can I give certian units different marks? For instance have my possesed with the MoS? And another unit with a different mark like mok? ..If so can I do this without having Abaddon in my army?

III) Does Abaddon give me the ability to use deamons from opposite gods together or does being undivided alone give me that ability?

Please Help, I know I'm a newb. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Have you got the codex? That would kinda answer your question...

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
You want to play tournements and friendly games.

HQ
Make your own, dont use specail characters as they cannot be used in tourneys

Elites
Oblits are nice. possibley reduce the squad size to two as they are expenisive.
Possesed are good but you will need a rhino for them.
-Cult troops go here- Go for berzerkers if you already have the models

Troops
You have 12 basic marines and will be needing lots more. i take at least 3 squads, with two using lascannons at five strong and one at 8 using two plasma.
Daemons are useful but dont count on them turning up at the right time.

Fast
Raptors with infiltrate are a god send.
only take one unit of bikes, but if you insist go to 5 strong. these are good for summoning daemons

Heavy
Defiler, you must take one they are brilliant, but becareful, they pop easily with there low armour values
Only take one pred, take havocs as the other slot or prehaps a dred.

I also have a few questions:

I) I am pretty sure if I use my berzerkers as a troop choice with Black legion I will have to cout them as basic marines.

Correct, and only at the opponants permission.

II) I am also wondering if as a BL army can I give certian units different marks? For instance have my possesed with the MoS? And another unit with a different mark like mok? ..If so can I do this without having Abaddon in my army?

They will be an elites choice and must be modelled to show they are of that cult.

III) Does Abaddon give me the ability to use deamons from opposite gods together or does being undivided alone give me that ability?
You can never mix daemons into one unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Dan the man I appreciate the advise.
On the question about deamons I didn't mean putting them in one unit togther I just want to make sure I can use both Flammers and bloodletters in one game. And I would like to know If I can do this with a deamon prince or just with Abaddon.
Thankee ;)

·
438 Posts
Chaos Ownes you said:
Thank you Dan the man I appreciate the advise.
On the question about deamons I didn't mean putting them in one unit togther I just want to make sure I can use both Flammers and bloodletters in one game. And I would like to know If I can do this with a deamon prince or just with Abaddon.
Thankee ;)
You can do this with any Undivided marked main HQ. So a Prince with Mark of Undivided will be fine. Just bear in mind that when summoned, they can only arrive at icons of thier diety, or icons of Undivided.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts