Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just receive my Marauder Destroyer and both wings are completly bend like bananas !
Have you any ideas how I can fix this without breaking everyting ? I heard about putting the pieces in hot water and then under press ?

Please help, I want to fix this freaking 400 $ bananes !

Many thanks :)

·
2,399 Posts
Hi

I just receive my Marauder Destroyer and both wings are completly bend like bananas !
Have you any ideas how I can fix this without breaking everyting ? I heard about putting the pieces in hot water and then under press ?

Please help, I want to fix this freaking 400 $ bananes !

Many thanks :)
do so slowly & gently - more than one trip may be required. if too bad photo & send back (GW staff should help)

·
4,967 Posts
Hair dryer can also work but for larger pieces like a marauders wings emerse it in hot water (not boiling but about as hot as your hand can stand). Bend it gently until it is the right shape then run it under the cold tap. You may need to repeat once or twice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Are forgeworld models usually poorly molded like that? I am looking forward to a pair of Valkyries and Vultures in the future, and I would hate to have them arrive stateside mangled.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are forgeworld models usually poorly molded like that? I am looking forward to a pair of Valkyries and Vultures in the future, and I would hate to have them arrive stateside mangled.
Valkyries seem to be very often warp/shrunk/bubbled. Mine was awful to put together. Try soaking the parts in very warm water for 5-6 minutes, then bend them very gently unitl they get right. have the other sink (or a bucket) filled with cold water. Once the part is "right", trasnfer it from the warm to the cold water to "fix" it into the new form....

On s'en reparle demain...

Phil

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a Vulture gunship and it was officially the worst model I have ever purchased. The worst as in totally warped, piecses don't fit, crazy molded pieces that aren't part of the model, the wrong parts in the package, the price. It was a nightmare that I thought had no positive end! As it turns out now I have a ton of respect for the job G.W. does and the thought they put into the models they produce. I really don't mind paying G.W. prices now considering the complete nightmare I experienced with fordge world. As far as warped pieces go, I tried the warm water trick and the first bend I did snapped the piece. F-it! I just green stuffed my own part and it turned out quite good. Head my warning, Fordge World is for advanced modelers only! Beginners shouldn't even try these models. The pictures fordge world puts on their web site are not done by 16 year old gamers. The one positive spin I will put on this is that if you successfully turn your fordge world model into something that resembles what it is supposed to be you will be very happy, because they do look cool when finished. Sorry for the rant,

Joe

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Not all forge world models are bad I have seen some that go together perfectly, and others that were a pain in the *** to get it to look anything remotely like it is supposed to.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Damn! and I thought I had a hard time putting on that upgrade pack for veterans with the upper bodies that dont fit on the legs.

·
Fly Casual
376 Posts
Forgeworld models are definitely advanced models that will put your artistic skills and patience to the test. Like Mad Cat said, take your time, use multiple aplications of pipping hot water and slowley work things into place. While your at it, this is a good time to remove the mould release. Also- take the time to pin stuff. Resin is fragile when introduced to trauma. This stuff is not for beginners or children with ADD.
In the end, the results are well worth it.
-J

·
2,399 Posts
Damn! and I thought I had a hard time putting on that upgrade pack for veterans with the upper bodies that dont fit on the legs.
I hear you - the shotgun belt at the back nessesitated a arse amputation on mine. (also, they're not wire enough for the plastic legs, which i had to file down at the sides)

The cadians with respirators capains head visor went back once, and came back exactly the same - visor destroyed. I shaved it off as I gave up on their customes service at that point.

I also got Chimera skirts that were shockingly bad. - I had to cut one up and re-assemble it so the last panel was vaguely straight. (I got two packs and the second one was fine)

My Macharius - my beautiful, beautiful toy. (Damn you fire dragons! damn you Broadsides! I'd be happy trundling round the battlefield not shooting at anything if you let me live! go away!) - took 6 hours to file the inside down of the tracks for them to go. (and the stubber mould had "slipped" and was unsaveable. I decided to just ignore it and not bother with their customer support as it was 1 month late at that point anyway)

I love the models. I'm not put off with the modelling, but i do find the service plain insulting - I heard of a guy who has been waiting over 3 months for a titan, and with my experience of them i'm really not surprised.
I waited 2 months to save up for a £250 order, (The mail cost is extortionate) and couldn't get through to them to order for 2 days, I then thought of the month(s??) long wait, and give up and spent my money elsewhere.
Go buy 3x basalisks off Ebay or something if you want something class. If you're using it in a friendly chop up a ME109 with plastic cadians - a Thunderbolt, for £12! you can't use F/W in tourneys anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts