Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm struggling with ork HQ theory here.
I love the warboss. Pretty good stat line and amazing on a bike.
Big Mek is very average but the KFF is essential.
Warphead seems like so much fun to play but there are better choices.

What I'm getting at is that I cannot seem to get it through my head that the best choice for HQ is 2 big meks with KFF to give max spread and support to the boyz who win or lose games.

Can anyone help educate me or agree with me as I wanna play warpheadz but realise the folly and I have warboss models but keep thinking that I'm risking my boyz unnecessarily.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Run one Big Mek with KFF, give him a Burna too and perhaps Cybork/Eavy.

Your second HQ is up to you. I dont really see the point in running 2 Big Meks with KFF.

If you really want to run 2 HQ's, there are 3 options....

1. Big Mek with KFF / Big Mek with SAG
2. Big Mek with KFF / Warboss (tooled up to work with another unit)
3. Big Mek with KFF / Warphead

Stick the Big Mek in a vehicle, and give all your footsloggers the 5+ cover save 6" from the edge of the vehicle, and all vehicles within 6" a 4+ cover save.

I have run a couple of games with 200+ footsloggers, and had every single unit within 6" of the Big Mek for the first 2 turns. Remember that only 1 model in the unit has to be within 6" of the Big Mek, and the WHOLE unit benefits, even if the farthest model in the unit is 24"+ away.
You can do the same with vehicle squadrons.
Run some warbuggies and as long as one is within 6" then the whole squadron gets the cover save.
Personally, i just like running lots of Trukks.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
You don't need more than one KFF. You just have to learn the best way to keep your army huddled around him. Remember, only a SINGLE model from a unit has to be within 6in, and the entire unit gets the 5+ cover save.

It really comes down to whether you're using a horde or speed freaks army. If you're using horde, then I'd use 1-3 of the following: KFF, Warp ead, and/or Shokk Attakk Gun.

If you're using a speed freaks army, with many trukks and battlewagons, then I'd again use a KFF, and if you're using Nobz, then I'd also use a warboss, preferrably one on a bike w/powerklaw, combi-skorcha, and attakk squig. If you're not using any nobz, then I'd just use the KFF. Warbosses aren't really worth it unless you're using nobz, so the nobz can be fielded as troops.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Warboss- Can really add a punch to any unit he is with. Works great with a bunch of boyz in a wagon + nob. Also great on a bike. As mentioned, it gives a nob unit scoring as troops, which is essential. I've seen one fielded with a group of Burnas with great success. Extremely FLUFFY and ORKY and fun to tear up your opponent's best with him :)

WierdBoy- I like Warp 'Eads myself. The Deep Strike is great, and you always have a 1/3 chance of getting it. His powers are random but most are pretty good and you can always re-roll. He can also do some anti-tank p'wnage. Can be great with many units, like boyz, nobz, even rokkit ladz. Tons of fun! :)

I don't use meks so I won't comment on them other than the KFF seems to constantly get rave reviews.

The best is in Apocolypse when you're not limited to 2 HQs- I take a ton of Warp Eads and teleport like kkkkrazy!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes, even nob bikers score if there is a warboss in the list.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Risking my boyz unecessarily!?

My Snakebite warlord does not understand your mussings.
You are worried that no KFF = no cover, isn't that what our grot screens are for?
Even if your not using grot screens you will probably have some squiggoths (sorry I guess you would use trukks and wagons) that are going to provide impact cover on the way over to the 'mosh pit'.
HQ choice for me Warlord in atide of green supported by Warphead in the same wave,
Tempted though I could be by KFFs I would only field one and if I was using 2 Big-Mek I'ld get a get a shock attack gun in a vehicle somewhere.
At the end of th eday we will always loose plenty of boyz getting into combat, we're not eldar, but we always have more boyz, lots more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.