Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've recently picked up a Dark Elf manticore for a chaos lord to jet around on (dragons are a bit too powerful at tourney point level games, IMO) and I've run into a snag during modeling.

I bought Sigvald so I could have a cool Slaaneshi model atop the beastie, then vivisectioned him with the hope of pinning him above the waist of the likewise sectioned DE beastmaster model. When I did that, The beastmaster's outsretched leg didn't look very armored or Nordic and aboslutely screamed cheeseball conversion, and his bent leg was about two-thirds the size it should have been to be proportionate to Sig's body. I tried hacking up Sig's legs and cutting apart the beastmaster's, but even with copious greenstuff it's just going to look cobbled and craptastic.

So my question is, how has everyone out there handled their manticore rider conversion? My only other "easy" conversion idea is to get the rider from the Slaanesh Lord on Daemonic Mount, as he is already mounted on a nice-looking saddle, but I'm not sure that it will fit very well. Any ideas?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, nothing says he has to be riding it. He could be on the ground, the two of them fighting together.
That's my other option; a friend of mine plays WE and has his Forest Dragon modeled from the HE kit, and left an empty spot on the base for the rider to stand in. Doesn't look bad, but of course it would look more badass to have him actually on it.

·
Schemer
481 Posts
So my question is, how has everyone out there handled their manticore rider conversion? My only other "easy" conversion idea is to get the rider from the Slaanesh Lord on Daemonic Mount, as he is already mounted on a nice-looking saddle, but I'm not sure that it will fit very well. Any ideas?

You could try to fit in a chaos knight model. It should be easy to do since it's plastic. Also for the record, the Slaanesh Lord is a women (if you look at her high heels).

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
You could try to fit in a chaos knight model. It should be easy to do since it's plastic. Also for the record, the Slaanesh Lord is a women (if you look at her high heels).
Well it is a Slaanesh lord, so not really gender specific footwear!

As for the model to ride - teh boobwyrm lord is probably quite good, and an alternative is using the old Dieter Helsnicht Manticore, or the Empire or High Elf Griffon instead of a Dark Elf Manticore.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The chaos knight legs are too bulky, I tried trimming them but I couldn't get it to look right. I may give it a second attempt though.

I don't think the Slaanesh lord is a woman, if anything it may be more hermaphroditic (in keeping with many of the themes of Slaanesh.) I think that what you're calling heels may actually be intended as spurs.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about the Cold One Knight legs?
We may have a winner!

I don't have any cold one knight legs, but I remembered I still had an out of the box plastic HE prince kit and used the lower legs from that. As far as I can tell it's going to work great, mainly by virtue of Sigvald's rather svelte (by chaos lord standards) waistline. Thanks for the help! If I can get it looking decent I'll put up pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.