Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have an idea that I would like to scratch build something like a basilisk (starting out easy) and was wondering if anyone has done this before and if they could direct me to pics, articles, ideas etc.
Any help on this would be appreciated, and once I figure out a design I will let you all know and keep it updated. (Because at the moment my only plan is a great big gun with a 'blast' shield:|)

Cheers,

Exarch Thomo

EDIT: Spell-checked title and post for you. -t.

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Well, if this is your first time scratchbuilding, i would try small stuff like turrets not stright into a full build. Here's a hydra I started was not completed.

Any pictures of the subject are great. Gather as many as possible and use them to get multiple views.
If you want any other help Pm me.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already done things like turrets, armour plates and other 'decorations' and wanted to try my hand at something bigger (it was either this or a nightwing).
Thanks for the tip though. I'm still trying to decide if I want a 'field gun' type piece (mounted on some kind of trailer) or something more tankish.

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
I would personally use plasticard barrels (forgot the name of them) for the the barrel and slip different sizes in between one another. The shield could be heated plasticard then slowly bent to shape and cooled. If you go with the tank I can help you there but the trailer should be fairly easy.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
They are called plastirods, nice and simple :)
I agree with the barrel idea, just place them one inside the other, the tank version would be harder to make, but probably works better because of how the basalisk functions.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I was hoping to avoid the tank style, simply because I'm not sure on how the body and tracks should be done properly. I was thinking of having a kind of trailer thing that has been raised slightly off it's wheels by stands - like a giant tripod - but have a 'wall' running around the sides of the gun so the crew can walk around. The only issue I have with this design is where to stick the HB. I'll draw up some sketches tonight and see what I can come up with - I was hoping to do something similar to a howitzer, but issues of armour siding and LoS come into play with it, which is a shame because I think it would look pretty cool (I might just do one like that anyway and only use it in special scenarios)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.