Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new to warhammer fantasy and i have ddecided to collect wood elves because they look SO COOL! I also need some questions answered.

1. Pros and cons of WE?
2. It says you can equip highborns and nobles with items but how do you show these items physically (or do you not even show them) i.e. blades of loec
3. tactics?
4. best troop choice?

Thank you so much in advance!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would start with reading the tactica there you will get most of the answers you need
http://www.librarium-online.com/for...96-librarium-online-wood-elf-tactica-wip.html

1. pros big range of viable unites , amazing looking, depends on the player more than the unites
Cons: it has a special play style that you need to like, the magic phase is very weak, the army book is outdated,depends on the player more than the unites

2.there is deferent models for the highborn/noble to chose from but you wont be adding mini sword and bows based on your army list
Games Workshop

3. read the tactica

4. every thing is good and has a good use but the following Eternal guards, Tree Kin and Scouts are not that useful (again read the tactica it will explain why)

overall WE are hard to learn but when you get the play style they are really fun.

sorry for the short answers

·
Registered
415 Posts
AS Ekarus said, for the tactics and uses of units or the most comon build for your heroes take a peek in the tactica section! (see the link in ekarus's post).

About the Pros and Cons;

Pros: Fast moving, Good shooters (High BS, Special rules)
Cons: no armour saves + low Toughness = Squishy, no strong offensive magic

WE rely on running around enemies, picking the targets they can handle soften those up with bowfire and then run them over. WE cant do head on combat, since we neither have the static combat resolution (ranks, numbers, banner) for that, so we need to make combo charges and the like. So WE heavily rely on good movement.

Welcome to the forest!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, really helped. But again about question two how do you actually represent the item on the lord. I see how the lords come with different weapons and stuff but say an item like Light Armor, an annoyance of netlings or the helm of the hunt. How do you actually show this on the model? Or you dont have to? (they arent in the blister)

·
4,361 Posts
Magic items and spites don't have to be modeled onto the figure. Most characters come with some form of armour on the model. Just make sure you use the correct weapon and/or shield.

SirKently

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ahh i play 40k and i found it such a relief not to have to show magic items. This way you dont have to make a giant arrow for hail of doom arrow

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well you dont really have to show your magic items, but you do need to show the equipment (like bow, sword, shield etc..) and that can be a pain as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another question
Does anyone know what those weird/cool little, colourful house elf (harry potter) like things are? they are ussually blue shown on the GW website and on Lords and Heroes models.

·
4,361 Posts
Those would be spites. Normal ones hang around, even if you don't have magic ones.

SirKently

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
The spites are very handy as they can represent any of the multitude of spites in the WE armybook.

With 8th Ed coming out in a couple of months the tactica may be soon obsolete. A bit of a shame as a lot of work has gone into it, but it also means we get to revise it to bring it up to speed.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would wait with revising until the 8th edition armybook comes out... otherwise you're doing double the work.

Does anyone know what armybooks are up next?

·
4,361 Posts
I think tomb kings are up next. Then there are some rumours that a new orcs & goblins book is in the works.

SirKently

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
I would wait with revising until the 8th edition armybook comes out... otherwise you're doing double the work.
The WE book is still a way off, the new edition will change the way a lot of things work so for the tactica to remain valid it will need a revist. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
hmm, what a shame... I heard that Ogres got a massive overhaul upcoming. And indeed TK as well... so that would mean we are at least 3 army books away (OG, TK & OK). Thats pretty sad since we are only army that skipped an edition... right? (maybe OK as well though).

I had hoped the new armybook would be next after TK... but that isnt going to happen... yeah then you are probably right about the revisiting of the tactica...

·
4,361 Posts
Brettonians and dwarves also skipped 7th edition. The dwarves book was right before the release of 7th though and took it into consideration I hear.

SirKently

1 - 15 of 15 Posts