Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry for this not being very 'chaosy' but I don't know it's proper place... but here's the situation anyways, I have a league match this week, and I am facing this Space Marine players that is going to make the cheesiest against mine, the rule here from the tournament is 'proxy with opponents consent', now I have no problem with him proxying but however if he makes his list absolutely cheesy since he knows what I field, do you think it's right for me to deny him proxying in this situation?
Tourney pay out is 150$ so it's kind of serious

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
If you find that he is crossing the lines with the rules then your in your full right to say, tournaments are supposed to be around showing your skills as a general not making the most uberlist.

·
kinkeh secks pl0x?!
420 Posts
when it comes to tournaments, you have every right to deny him his proxying. This is of course because it has reached the realms of competitiveness.

If he is tailoring his army every game to defeat a specific army, in this case yours, and he doesnt have the models then i personally wouldn't allow it.

just my 2 cents anyway.

a way to combat these people and an overall way of strengthening your game play is to make everyone in the tournament play with one list, that way you have more interesting games as armies are not tailored to specific causes.

·
Registered
787 Posts
150 Bucks for a Tournie just to have the guy proxy everything to tailor....:| I have no experience with this 'Proxy Tournie' stuff, does this mean everyone can do this to a lesser/greater extent?

Dreachon said:
If you find that he is crossing the lines with the rules then your in your full right to say...
Damn straight :rofl

:ballon:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Since proxies are allowed, why not proxy an alternative list of your own that your opponent will not be prepared for?

Not the best thing, but he's doing it, and it is a competitive atmosphere...:?

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
If your opponent tailors his list to beat yours, he is going to be horribly mangled by everyone else in the tournament. Think about this instead, and try to make the most balanced list you can to have a good chance against everyone, instead of just against this particular opponent.

You might not even end up playing him at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts