Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have been debating what type of lord to have lead my army. My army is mostly composed of infantry so I want a general on foot that can spread his leadership to the infantry blocks. I really like warrior priests as well, I like the dispel dice that they generate and the bound spell forces the other player to waste a dispel dice of their own to try to prevent the bound spell. So here is my concept of my on foot leader... Arch Lector equiped with "The Mace of Helsturm" and "Armour of Meteoric Iron". I figure that the Lector on foot would benefit the most from the magic armor especially considering the fact that he cant buy full plate. Im thinking about the Mace of Helsturm because the Arch Lector only has 2 attacks in the first place, so combining the measly 2 attacks into one strong attack isnt too big of a waste. Im curious, the effect of the mace says its S10 and d6 wounds, so is it D6 wounds on one target? or D6 wounds spread on the enemy unit? Anyways I think the Lector is a stronger choice then a General because I can cast 2 different prayers, the ward save... and the healing one would keep him alive much longer then a General plus the added bonus of possibly wasting the other players dispel dice giving my wizard more freedom to cast. Any thoughts about leadership for a mostly infantry army would be much appreciated and critiques of the Lector setup.

Thanks!

·
Registered
385 Posts
The mace only inflicts 1 hit at most, which then causes d6 wounds to the single model it hit. It's a giant/chariot/character killer.

A popular item on Lectors/Priests is Van Horstmann's Speculum. Make sure they can't accept a challenge with a unit champ (Hochland Long Rifles come in handy here) and with his crappy stats, chances are he'll beat whoever he challenges (most characters are better than our Archlectors).

Lots of people who take an Archlector insist that a War Altar is all but essential. It's regarded as very, very cheap for what it does.

And yes, most people do seem to regard the AL as a better choice than a General of the Empire.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a AL on a war alter in my last battle and I have to say that it was very useful. For only 100 points giving my AL a ward save, magic resistance, and unbreakable was great... Not to mention the griffon casting the light spell of my choice every round is either a great way to waste an opponents dispel dice but also the last spell of the light list proved very useful when the AL was in combat. It made me wonder if I was doing somthing wrong because the Al and Alter obliterated a unit of cold one riders including a hero. The impact hits killed a few, and the magic from the War Alters griffon plus the soul fire from the AL killed quite a bit more. Now I'm trying to figure out how to obtain a war alter (I had to use a friends chariot to represent it) Do people buy the old model of the Supreme Patriarch which comes with him on a War Alter. allthough I couldnt even find it on the GW website. Any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts