Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent seen this in the book, and i've searched and seen nothing about this. Can a hero be equipped with two weapons, and each round chose which one to use? or can he only have one weapon and thats it.

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
he may have more than one weapon. his/her weapon of choice is decided at the start of combat and must remain consistant for the rest of the combat. for example, a thane has a great weapon, hand weapon and a shield. the thane can choose to use the great weapon OR may choose to use the hand weapon and sheild, he may not change this choice during combat.

magic weapons over rule this. when you have a magic weapon you must always use it.

hope this helps

·
Registered
334 Posts
I believe Bretonnians have an exception,in which characters may charge using a lance in the first round of combat,then switch to a magic weapon in subsequent rounds. Only exception I'm familiar with though.

But yes, characters may have several weapons.

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
You better think twice before entering a tournament with a character with more than one weapon though, as you would have to model it on him due to WYSIWYG. Maybe not the biggest of problems though...

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
Yes they can have multiple weapons as has already been said. I'd recommend you look carefully at the wording in your army book though, as the ones I have will only let you buy one extra mundane hand to hand weapon (and of course a magic weapon) for a character on top of his basic hand weapon. I don't know if this is true of all the army books though.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
The most common example other than the Thane is a Black Orc boss who can fight with HW+shield, 2xHW or Great Weapon as standard. Cavalry are also frequently described as having lance & hand weapon or spear & handweapon, although as the models are mounted possession of the hand weapon doesn't really have any in game consequence, unless you didn't want your str bonus for charging for some odd tactical reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts