Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone, I have been a fan of the warhammer series for a little over a year now and was recently gifted a box of many models, mostly armor comprised of chimeras, leman russ tanks, hellhounds, a death strike launcher, and the artillery pieces all IG/AM. I am really looking forward to playing the game and learning the rules. the local game shop here has a pretty active group here as well. I do need some help in building the army looking to build 1000/1500 pt army, but I have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated or tips/ tactics that could be used as well.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Welcome!

Sounds like you have a good start to a mechanized themed list. Try Veterans in Chimeras for your troops and field them with the Hellhounds to start with. The Astra Militarum forum is also available for more specific help.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Welcome to LO!!

That's a good haul of stuff you have there. Intrepid is right on the button with the Veterans in chimeras. Give them two special weapons (Melta or Plasma) and then that's your troops covered. I always go for 1 troops choice for every 500pts or there abouts. Then just a splattering of armoured support. Hell Hounds and their variants are good to advance with the Chimeras and then you have Leman russ variants and Artillery in the back field blasting the snot out of people. I'd consider a small platoon of men to sit at the back and protect your artillery though.

Take a look at the Imperial Guard/AM boards to look at some example lists and the advice given :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts