Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1500pts space marine army (sorry)

This is my freinds space marine army. He's not really an awsome genral so I designed it to be quite easy to use. Its supposed to be competative but fun and take on all comers. Looking for genral comments on how to improve it: Its wasn't my idea to include the vindicator:

1 terminator chaplain- 140

5 terminators- 2 assualt cannons- 240

1 dreadnought- 105

10 marines- 1 plasma gun- 160
rhino- extra armour, smoke luanchers- 58

10 marines- 1 plasma gun, vetran sergant with power fist- 190
Rhino same- 58

2 Attack bikes- 2 multi meltas -130

6 devastators- 3 heavy bolters- 135

1 vindicator- 125

Pred with all lacannons- 145

Looking for some genral comments on how to improve the list, A possibility is to swap the terminators for an assualt squad and to downgrade the chaplain to assualt, What do you think, will rep with my mighty 3!!!

Gilli

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about dropping Vin + Bikes and giving those devs some AT. Thats about all I can suggest doing. Probably could have some extra points there to work with, cheap squad of scouts maybe? :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
just to note personaly i would change plasma guns to meltas i use 2 plasma guns in rhinos and quite often die ,get meltas they are assult and melta. also what has 'termi chaplain' got i cant work out what wargeer it could have since you have 15 points left over at 140 points (just being nosey here)

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi

What's wrong with the vindicator, I think because it will (more than not) will hit (with a bit of luck involving scattering) it can cause alot of damage to infantry, this will work well with the heavy bolters.
One thing I would do would be to take out the attack bikes and put in another predator with lascannons, for the few extra points you could use the extra 15 poits you've spent on the chaplain, this would give you some more anti tank and more armour to make it harder for your oponent to destroy all your tanks. You might want to keep the attack bikes if you preffer, this is just my opinion.

P.S What are those extra 15 points on the chaplain for?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Vindi has a short range and not the best armour, points will most likely pay off being spent other places.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response, sorry I didn't reply quickly since I usually do, no offence but I don't really agree with rotfangs suggestions if I do take out the vind and bikes and spend it on upgrading the devs I'll lose a lot of anti infantry, with blood_bath I like the idea but since I'm going to do what Lskin says I don't really need more AT. Which brings me onto the comments from Lskin which I though were really good (for once!) I not a big fan of the vind still though. By the way it wasn't me who added up that chaplain so I don't have a clue (freind in case your wondering) I don't think he will want to buy anything new though as hes focusing on tomb kings,

Thanks for the effort guys,

Gilli

1 - 6 of 6 Posts