Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im doing a conversion on the high elf Eltharion model.I intend to reverse the way the sword points on the model so it points to the sky, because i hate the original pose.For all who do not know the Eltharion model:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060210111&orignav=9

I intend to have him leaping through the air like in his fluff but i dont know what to do with the base.I want to have him leaping in the air without using a visible support.Any suggestions on how to acheive this?

Thanks,
Tygra

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
he can't levitate thats for sure (at least IRL), so I sugest that you make him hit an enemy as the 'pose i set'/'picture is taken', in a kick.

btw Watch the hand you put upside down -the thumb looks dumb if it is af he has broken a hand...:sleep: a way to avoid this could be cutting his thumb or fingers off (depending on skill level with GS), and remake it/them in greenstuff...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt say levitate . i quote from Eltharions special rules on GW website:
Great Leap: Eltharion is immensely acrobatic, and is able to jump high through the air to reach his foes.

I neglected to mention this first time round.My fault.

I had thought about the broken wrist thing so i used a jewlers saw to take off the sword itself and the end of the sword. this means when Ii swap the two round, his hands stay in the same place and the sword still looks great.Only minor GS work will be necessary this way as opposed to hacking at his hands

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
Thats a good idea... But what about the leap/kick mid air? Making him hit an enemy in the chest with a kick would look cool...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would also mean being able to support him by putting a bar down through his leg and into the other model.But what sort of model?im leaning towards a metal model/character to emphasise his amount of skill, but what sort of metal model has easily posible arms which can be posed in a thron back posistion as if the model just got kicked in the chest?What about putting a bend in the back so its bent back?Itll be cool but tough.What race do you think?

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
Could do a Dark Elves... The best would maybe whom you play most...
Who do you play against?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lots of dwarves, which would mean eltharion wouldnt be too high in the air all the time.But what sort of darf do i use?

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
Maybe a Warrior would be good... maybe a longbeard... they are plastic, and easy to mod on! It would look great...:yes:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I t would look really good I agree. Plastic models come in box sets though so it will have to be metal.Probably a slayer,they are metal arent they?

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
yes... you could ask your friend for leftovers... maybe buy a warrior from him...
The slayer is not that good a fluff, as you most likely DONT want your character stuck with slayers...
Ohh well

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That would be amazing, I might try that and then buy another Eltharion for normal gaming,or i could have it that he comes of the big base and cann be put on the smaller base for regular gaming.Any thoughts on how to acheive this?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Tygra said:
That would be amazing, I might try that and then buy another Eltharion for normal gaming,or i could have it that he comes of the big base and cann be put on the smaller base for regular gaming.Any thoughts on how to acheive this?
Maybe some sort of magnetic mount?

When you put a rod through the models, for stability I suppose, you could attach magnets (on the insides of the models) so that when you put it in, it will stay there better without being glued in. Then, you can take it out as you want, and put it on a normal-sized base that maybe has a rock or something on it, with the same rod-magnet area?

Maybe something like that. To move the model base to base, magnets seem to work really well - since it's mostly going to be a sort of "oh cool" and a display thing, it won't matter too much if it's unsteady a bit with the magnet on the kick-the-dwarf base.

Just something to give a thought to. There are, I'm sure, other ways.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I recently invested in some magnets for my tau models, but even after finding the smallest possible neomydium rare earth magnets they would still be too big to stick in a foot.And pewter isnt magnetic so ill have to go with a rod straight through his leg and into the dwarfs chest.Any other possible solutions though?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts