Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

How do you people use a prince on a dragon and most important of all with what magic items? I was thinking of vambraces of defence, armour of caledor and sword of battle.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Personally I love giving my Princes The Ring of Fury, This is particularly effective if you want to use your breath attack when you flank an enemy unit with your dragon, not only will you get a decent breath attack but you could also cast a great spell on them as well! It provides for an effective (and annoying) way to reduce large block (of especially but not limited to) enemy core units with low T...

Regards,

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Lance, shield, HA, bow of the seafearer and ring of fury.
"Where did you get all that fire power?"

My opponents expects 2+ as 5+ ws from me most of the times so not much shooting.
;Y

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Lance, shield, HA, bow of the seafearer and ring of fury.
"Where did you get all that fire power?"

My opponents expects 2+ as 5+ ws from me most of the times so not much shooting.
;Y
That's a pretty nifty combo but do remember that he can still be shot at.

I personally don't like shooty dragons that much because if you pay 450pts upwards for a dragon lord, you may as well be breaking units in combat.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You have a point there swntzu but, I think its nice to get your dragon within 6 inch of the flank to cause terror on the unit and in addition almost completely consume them with the whole flame template (some hit on 4+) and thats just clean up after the nice bound spell (from the Ring of Fury) which I was suggesting... ^^

Regards,

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
You have a point there swntzu but, I think its nice to get your dragon within 6 inch of the flank to cause terror on the unit and in addition almost completely consume them with the whole flame template (some hit on 4+) and thats just clean up after the nice bound spell (from the Ring of Fury) which I was suggesting... ^^

Regards,

Both methods are equally valid and pretty nasty. I completely forgot about the breath weapon!

I suppose it's because I really don't like the idea of almost a quarter of the total points of my army falling to a cannon shot. They can't hit him if he's busy killing stuff!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Aye, you make a valid point again, however I usually have scouts and or an eagle messing with the shooters LOS just about the time that I get ready to use the bound spell and breath attack the flank (on turn 2 usually...) So he is usually reletively safe, It has been highly effective for me locally, I have won 4 out of 4 matches in my area! Sometime I will post the army list on this site, just found it today and there seems to be a lot of knowledge here, I plan to take and to give (where able).

Regards,

Reactions: swntzu

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Aye, you make a valid point again, however I usually have scouts and or an eagle messing with the shooters LOS just about the time that I get ready to use the bound spell and breath attack the flank (on turn 2 usually...) So he is usually reletively safe, It has been highly effective for me locally, I have won 4 out of 4 matches in my area! Sometime I will post the army list on this site, just found it today and there seems to be a lot of knowledge here, I plan to take and to give (where able).

Regards,

I'm glad you're enjoying the forums and you seem like you would be a valuable addition. It's been a great conversation so far.

I'm building up my army pretty quickly and I'm trying to run a similar combo with my dragon mage (silver wand and ring of fury). There's a thread on that as well.

It'd be great to see your army list too. I have one that I've been meaning to post for a while as well.

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Both methods are equally valid and pretty nasty. I completely forgot about the breath weapon!

I suppose it's because I really don't like the idea of almost a quarter of the total points of my army falling to a cannon shot. They can't hit him if he's busy killing stuff!
I don't usually play armies with cannons so I think it's very viable.
First get those 6 inches on the flank, draw out his dispel dice, unleash RoF and then fire your longbow.
If your opponent doesn't panic or fail their terror test, CHARGE!!

BTW. Thanks for the rep dude

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
I don't usually play armies with cannons so I think it's very viable.
First get those 6 inches on the flank, draw out his dispel dice, unleash RoF and then fire your longbow.
If your opponent doesn't panic or fail their terror test, CHARGE!!

BTW. Thanks for the rep dude
I think I repped the wrong person :S. You deserved rep anyway. XD

I always try to think of lists in a tournament situation against all armies. That's what I base my comments on really.

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Right you are.
I will try to look at things in other perspectives as well in the future.
This time it is you who deserve rep for reminding me of not only benefiting myself.:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Herman that was my rep power, 21, oh wells, I guess its ok since you got a nightwish picture ^^ I love them, one of meh fav songs is While Your Lips are Still Red

Regards,

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like giving my Dragon mounted Prince, GW, Armor of Caledor or Helm of Fortune, shield and Dragon Armour, Guardian Phoenix and Ring of Fury.

I do however like running the hunter build but I always use just a Noble on Eagle, with the Reaver Bow, Enchanted Shield, GW and Dragon Armour. People tend to ignore him more and I can just happily go along wreaking havoc.

Completely off topic but I'm actually dancing around my office today as my tickets for Nightwish on 30th March have just arrived :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Why would you put Dragon Armour if you already have armour of caledor (which counts as dragon armour with a better save!) I do like the hunter build as well, although I usually make him melee with my opponents seige weapons with ASF though, the GW is always a nice choice ^^ YOUR GONNA SEE NIGHTWISH? I am sooo jealous, can I please come with you!?!!

Regards,

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Why would you put Dragon Armour if you already have armour of caledor (which counts as dragon armour with a better save!) I do like the hunter build as well, although I usually make him melee with my opponents seige weapons with ASF though, the GW is always a nice choice ^^ YOUR GONNA SEE NIGHTWISH? I am sooo jealous, can I please come with you!?!!

Regards,

I believe that he was listing two combos of magic armour in a slightly confusing way.

These being: 1) Armour of Caledor

or 2) Helm of Fortune, dragon armour and shield

I think this is more likely than him being wrong.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
i'm still trying to figure out why you would use armor of caledor on this guy anyway. Doesn't the dragon/hvy armor, shield and helm of fortune give you a lot better chance at surviving and it's not that much more expensive? Against a bolt thrower or cannon, you don't get a save anyway.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
i'm still trying to figure out why you would use armor of caledor on this guy anyway. Doesn't the dragon/hvy armor, shield and helm of fortune give you a lot better chance at surviving and it's not that much more expensive? Against a bolt thrower or cannon, you don't get a save anyway.
Maybe it's been seen on Imrik and he wants to copy the combo?

I also wonder why the Armour of Caledor only gives a 2+ save compared to a same point equivalent in the dwarf and empire army lists.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.