Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 point High Elf army list

list has not been tested yet would apreciate some feedback, playing in the january gaming league 2011, never played in a tourney before

Lords

Prince on Griffon -dragon armour
magic items: -star lance -temakadors gauntlets -helm of fortune

Heroes

lvl 2 mage
magic items: -seerstaff of saphery -staff of solidity

Core

16 archers - light armour
- full command

32 spearmen ( 8 x 4 )
- full command

Special

20 white lions
- full command

10 swordmasters
- full command

5 reavers
- full command

5 dragon princes
-full command

total: 1990 points

once again id love some feedback and i appreciate your opinions
semi competitive- want to win but dont mind losing as long as i enjoy it

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
Lose the Griffon at this level, I'd opt for a War Eagle, Armour of caledor, Vambraces of Defence, Great Weapon or Blade of Sea Gold. He should be going after stuff that is wrapped in an armoured shell and he can wound. In fact he could even go Bow of the Seafarer to allow him to get pot shots at flanks, whilst still having a 2+ rerollable armour save with 4++ ward and a flying mount which can't be shot away from him.

The Star Lance is great for an alpha strike lord on Star Dragon where your incremental % increase is low, but is situational (you have to charge to use it) and is overkill against most enemies (S7 is going to at worst lead to a 5+ armour save against 1-up in this edition) but I'd always pair with the Talisman of Loec to get that all-important reroll in case of fluffing attacks...

If you like the Griffon (and it is actually quite useful) Eltharion is a better default build with his special rules and the save on Stormwing. A useful build for a Griffon prince would be one which gives him lots of attacks , using the unit to break flanks and thereby reduce attacks back against you. NEVER face a ranked unit apart from skirmishers or other monsters from the front with a Griffon, its simply too easy to wound for most troops for only a limited return.

ALso read the rules - you can only take 1 magic item in each class per model. The mage has 2 arcane items for example.

The mage is fine with the seerstaff. He culd also go with a power stone, for example. It depends what you want to do. ANother alternative is Annulian Crystal to steal offensive power from your opponent, which puts pressure on him to fire of that successful uber spell first go.

My view would be to go Book of Ashur on an Archmage instead of having a Prince Lord, and go with a Prince-light Noble on an Eagle. (great weapon, armour of caledor, guardian phoenix). Book of ashur is great as it essentially adds +1 to cast AND dispel in one item, and puts pressure on your opponent's pools indirectly.

With points saved either up the Reavers + Dragon princes to 6 each, or the swordmasters to 14, 2 ranks of 7. If you have a unit with 5 in a rank, vs an unranked unit, it is steadfast.... so starting with at least 6 models is nice

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Apart from what Kithre wrote (and to which I agree, btw), I'd say you could save some points by dropping command and light armours from the Archers. I don't think they need them, 6+ AS is quite bad anyways and even if they had a command they'd get squished by almost everything badder than 5 Wolfriders. Also, I think you could do without command on the Reavers and on the Swordmasters (unless you beef the unit a bit). At this point you'd have something like 116 free points, if my maths are correct: with those I'd put in a RBT (it's always nice to have some around) and, since you'd lack a few points to get to the minimum core, an Ellyrion Banner on the Spears. I've had a good success with that so far, three days ago it kinda won me a battle when a Skeletons unit with Vamp got a bit too close, thinking they were shielding their flank with a wood. Eleven dead undead:D

Cheers, and welcome to LO!
LS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts