Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

When the plastic cadians come out I'm thinking of starting an imperial gurad army. I would like the theme to be a well equiped force. Im thinking of ordering a lightning strike (for close air support) and use comm links and other "tech" upgrades. What do you think about that idea, is it worth a try???

Octavius

·
Registered
278 Posts
They have a Armaggedon IG stormtrooper army kinda like that except, they are SM scout models converted into Stormtroopers, in the Chapter Approved 2003. But if you want to be original, then that is an excellent idea.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think it would be pretty awsome, especially with the Cadian models.

·
Registered
76 Posts
im not really sure about that.... it would make for a great looking army but the strength of the guard lies in tanks and numbers, so in order to give every squad a comlink or something like that you could end up spending points on squads to make them marginally better, whereas those points could be used to buy another platoon

·
Registered
278 Posts
The cost of a comm-link is 5pts per squad. If you had a platoon of 2 squads and a command section, that would be 15pts. You can't buy a platoon with that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
command section commlinks are 10 points and the squads are 5 and HQ is 15 being that you have to have two troop choices and an HQ and if each has a commlink thats what .... 55 points which although cant buy another squad on its own save 5 points somewhere else or go over a little and there ya go, but my main point is just to demostrate that the little addons add up a lot which can be used to increase the size of your army but its your own personal choice i just dont think the comms are worth it because i normally have my command sections up at the front fighting with the troops and since any unit with 12 inches gets their bonus comms just arent worth it for to me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.