Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you Hit and Run a vehicle? I know you don't lock into combat with non-WS vehicles, still wondering.

If it helps, the BBB says at the conclusion of a round of close combat ith a vehicle, there are no sweeps or consolidations, and neither is locked in place (page 71). And it says that Hit and Run is used at the end of a close combat phase (page 74).

Thanks for any help,and all the help with the other things I've asked :)

and sorry to ask so many questions :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
I run some Seraphim and we have always allowed them the H&R move after combat with a vehicle.

From the wording you mentioned and my own recollection of the WH Codex you are spot on. The move happens at the end of the CC phase. It doesn't matter what you were fighting, whether you are locked or not, etc.

At the end of the phase, you get to move your H&R unit.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
The Hit & Run USR in the 4th ed rulebook replaces the wording in Codex Witch Hunters and must be used in its place. You cannot be locked with a non-WS vehicle; therefore, sadly, you cannot Hit & Run off of it.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Agreed, the ‘running’ is done from being locked – no lock, no run.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Seconded (or fourthed as the case may be). You cannot hit and run off a vehicle as you aren't locked in combat.
Also, dedsquirll, the Witch Hunters FAQ (released for 4th ed) updates the Seraphim ability specifically to the USR Hit and Run, so you have been playing it wrong (just a heads up).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, at least I found out I'm an oblivious (I found that not only does the FAQ mention massacres, it specifically mentions non-ws vehicles). Thanks for the quick responses and help :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Seconded (or fourthed as the case may be). You cannot hit and run off a vehicle as you aren't locked in combat.
Also, dedsquirll, the Witch Hunters FAQ (released for 4th ed) updates the Seraphim ability specifically to the USR Hit and Run, so you have been playing it wrong (just a heads up).

Yoinks!

Damn my honest nature.
I guess I will let the fellas know next time we play.

Well, thats the reason why I come here. To make sure I am getting it right.

We just never thought to check past my (now obviously) outdated codex since the ability didn't appear overpowered in any of our matches.

Thanks for the clarification fellas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts