Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new at this, so forgive me if the answer is obvious. I've been looking into the Hit & Run special rule. To me it seems to say that I can move my unit with the Hit & Run ability at the end of ANY close combat, ie, on my turn or on my opponents. I have talked to some of my friends who have said that it is only on your turn that you can use this ability, but I've seen no "rule" to say that that is the case.'

To clarify, I'll create a scenario.

My Turn:

I move some units
I shoot with some units
I assault with some units, one of which has the hit and run ability, they survive the assault and are locked in cc at the end of my turn.

My Opponents Turn:
He/she moves some units
He/she shoots with some units
He/she assaults with some units. At the end of the close combat phase between my unit with Hit & Run, is still locked in cc, so I choose to employ hit and run and I move my 3d6 in a straight line.

Is that allowed?

Thanks,

EldarNewb

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
The rules only state that it must be done at the end of the Close Combat, it never states that it must be your turn. So it is perfectly acceptable (and often advisable) to use the ability during your opponents assault phase.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can you hit and run off a vehicle though?
Example, I charged a Land raider with some harlequins, knowing i couldnt hurt the thing, but then used my hit and run move to catapult the unit over 6 inches into some nearby woods that were past the LR.... This acceptable?

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
You can only hit and run if you are locked in CC. So you can hit and run a walker but not a landraider.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Right, cheers!
*stops the blatant cheating*

·
LO Zealot
1,568 Posts
Example, I charged a Land raider with some harlequins, knowing i couldnt hurt the thing
You certainly can hurt that Land Raider with Harlequins if you've upgraded them with Harlequin's Kisses. Rending kills pretty much anything but a Monolith.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You certainly can hurt that Land Raider with Harlequins if you've upgraded them with Harlequin's Kisses. Rending kills pretty much anything but a Monolith.
Nah, the Harle's had been gunned by the LR the turn before, there was only about 3 of them left, only one of whom had a kiss (didnt have the points for them that game). It was just a cheap survival method, but that doesnt work!
Slightly off topic now.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts