Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ=Hive tyrant talons, warp field, Cannon, Wings
HQ=Hive tyrant Talons, Talons, Warp field, 3 guards I might switch the two differnt HT weapons
Elite=Carnifex all TL devourers
Elite=Carnifex All Talons
Elite=Carnifex Cannon and Strangler (or claws)
Troops= Guants devourer(32)
Troops= Guants talons(32)
Fast Attack= Gargoyles(32)
Heavy Support= Carnifex talons, Claws
Heavy Support= Carnifex Talons, Claws
Heavy Support= Carnifex Cannon, TL devourers

please dont say i need more synapse cuz the only thing i need em for is my guants and Goyles but they arent in my army to live there here to get in assault and hold my enemy still and not shoot for my "big guys" to swoop in and make the kill.
But other than Synapse i am up for any edvice.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
This is our galaxy, ours to enslave, ours to corrupt, the gods will not be denied their prize. -Black Legion[/QUOTE]

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
brother-captian stern said:
HQ=Hive tyrant Talons, Talons, Warp field, 3 guards I might switch the two differnt HT weapons

please dont say i need more synapse cuz the only thing i need em for is my guants and Goyles but they arent in my army to live there here to get in assault and hold my enemy still and not shoot for my "big guys" to swoop in and make the kill.

Synapse you need more, you have 192 Gaunts and 96 gargoyles and you have 2 synapse creatures, you do know your going to spend the majority of the game with your gaunts failing LDS5 tests and either lurking or running away.
Gargoyles are a bit better at LDS10.
Anyway your list is badly designed you have loads of Gaunts who with the Gargoyles are gonna outpace the Carnies and like I mentioned are going to struggle to even move forward or stay where they are when they take casualties because they are not fearless unless in synpase range, so they will be testing on LDS5 and runing away.
The Gargoyles will get to the lines but have no support as the Carnies will be walking ohhh so slowly up the field
You have 4 CC carnies who will get into CC by turn 4 if your lucky, the other Carnies are shooty which is fair enough, but the other 4 CC carnies are a bad choice, you need to lose at least 2 if not 3 and take some Warriors they are good for shooting or CC and they are Synapse creatures so your Gaunts will be more usefull as they will be able to move up and shoot.
You really need to get this stupid attitude to synapse sorted out, it is vital to any and every nid list, even my list which has 37 Stealers and only 30 Hormies uses 8 synapse creatures (and thats just enough), cos forgive me but if you do not get your attitude to synapse sorted out I would just give up on the nids now because you will have no success and that is guaranteed.

·
Registered
70 Posts

tyrants either shoot or CC, if you gave him wings then he should be a CC demon only. maybe upgrade his STR, wounding a 2+ is always great.

Now you have the opposite problem, tyrants with guards should have shooting biomorphs. Also you have an additional 6 wounds at a T of 6, do you really need warpfield also?

First one is fine give him enhanced senses so he can at least hit 50% of the time + twinlinked so... 75%?
2nd one, CC carnifexes are nice if and when they get into CC, I would drop it and get another shooty one, same as your first
3rd one, if a carnifex is elite it has to be under 115 points, this guy is 136? I don'y have my codex.

Gaunts with devs? drop it too expensive, give them spinefists, because they die, that is their job. 96 is also alot of models.

You mean hormagaunts? With 96 gaunts do you really need to tie up the enemy any further? drop them and put in Genestealers.

will they be flying in with the flying tyrant? If so a semi-compent player will shot it and you'll have 3 giant broods of gargoyles having to pass a LD test every turn.
Side question, how are you going to discern which brood all these gaunts belong to? different paint schemes?

Ok, 1st one, drop crushing claws because they are not worth the points, D6 attacks looks great on paper but in reality a carnifex with two sets of scything talons is more consistent. 2nd one same as the first.
3rd one, what is a Carnifex Cannon? shooting carnifexes that are not elite are best equipped with a venom cannon and barbed strangler, with enhanced senses and maybe a toughness upgraded or carapace.

Ok, how many points are you playing? 6000? This list looks like you just got the codex and decided to max out broods and not have any real plan in mind, 288 gaunts? I would either look at some other army lists or watch a Tyranid game at a local store. There is little to no balance in this list, nothing with rending claws which are IMO the Nids best upgrade. No need for synapse? Not to be rude but have you played a game yet? Synapse is the only thing that holds LD 5 units in place. Leaping warriors with rendings claws and scything talons is what the doctor ordered. I hope I didn't offend you I am merely trying to help.

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
redone said:

tyrants either shoot or CC, if you gave him wings then he should be a CC demon only. maybe upgrade his STR, wounding a 2+ is always great.

Now you have the opposite problem, tyrants with guards should have shooting biomorphs. Also you have an additional 6 wounds at a T of 6, do you really need warpfield also?

First one is fine give him enhanced senses so he can at least hit 50% of the time + twinlinked so... 75%?
2nd one, CC carnifexes are nice if and when they get into CC, I would drop it and get another shooty one, same as your first
3rd one, if a carnifex is elite it has to be under 115 points, this guy is 136? I don'y have my codex.

Gaunts with devs? drop it too expensive, give them spinefists, because they die, that is their job. 96 is also alot of models.

You mean hormagaunts? With 96 gaunts do you really need to tie up the enemy any further? drop them and put in Genestealers.

will they be flying in with the flying tyrant? If so a semi-compent player will shot it and you'll have 3 giant broods of gargoyles having to pass a LD test every turn.
Side question, how are you going to discern which brood all these gaunts belong to? different paint schemes?

Ok, 1st one, drop crushing claws because they are not worth the points, D6 attacks looks great on paper but in reality a carnifex with two sets of scything talons is more consistent. 2nd one same as the first.
3rd one, what is a Carnifex Cannon? shooting carnifexes that are not elite are best equipped with a venom cannon and barbed strangler, with enhanced senses and maybe a toughness upgraded or carapace.

Ok, how many points are you playing? 6000? This list looks like you just got the codex and decided to max out broods and not have any real plan in mind, 288 gaunts? I would either look at some other army lists or watch a Tyranid game at a local store. There is little to no balance in this list, nothing with rending claws which are IMO the Nids best upgrade. No need for synapse? Not to be rude but have you played a game yet? Synapse is the only thing that holds LD 5 units in place. Leaping warriors with rendings claws and scything talons is what the doctor ordered. I hope I didn't offend you I am merely trying to help.

First off yes i dont have the guys now but thats the army my hive will consist of.
also my guants dont need synapse because all they will do is go in close tyo the enemy and get shot at so i will send them all in with 1 tyrant and they will die! so what. then i send in a tyrant 3 guards and 6 carnis.
Also a cannon is another name for a venom cannon.
Gene stealers suck!!!!!!!!!!! they are slow not enough of em' and also they get wiped out fast. whats the point in a tyranid with a 5+sv they just get shot by bolters! and also it doesnt matter how mny point i use as loong as i fight 2-3 enemies.
why do you need guants if not to die so after they die synapse aint an issue.
i gave my guarded tyrant all cc cuz he is gaurded and my guards will have devourers.
also my winged needs cannon so it takes stuff down because as you said it will get shot at fast.

I hope I didn't offend you I am merely trying to help.
thats what you said at the end but if you dont want to offend me you might want to think of something positive to say becuase theres no better way to correct something than by telling it how good it is first but stating what can make it better not how it is bad.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
brother-captian stern said:
also my guants dont need synapse because all they will do is go in close tyo the enemy and get shot at so i will send them all in with 1 tyrant and they will die! so what. then i send in a tyrant 3 guards and 6 carnis.
Gene stealers suck!!!!!!!!!!! they are slow not enough of em' and also they get wiped out fast. whats the point in a tyranid with a 5+sv they just get shot by bolters!
-Gaunts won't reach your enemies line if you can't move them when you fail your IB tests.

-Seeing how you'll be failing your IB tests, a smart opponent will just target your MCs.

-A Venom Cannon is a Venom Cannon or a VC, never have I heard it refered to sa a "cannon".

-Genestealers are one of THE best cc units in the game.

-They aren't as slow, with a minimum charge range of 13" and maximum of 18". Use that with thier Move Through Cover ability and you have a deadly unit.

-If you give them Extended Carapace, their save becomes 4+, which will sheild them from most small arms fire (bolters, shuriken catapults, lasguns, shootas, splinter rifles, etc....)

-The point of having a 5+ save, is to upgrade it so they can't be killed by bolters.

·
Registered
70 Posts
First off yes i dont have the guys now but thats the army my hive will consist of.
also my guants dont need synapse Like Katlyst said gaunts are not going to make their 5 LD test, so they will fall back because all they will do is go in close tyo the enemy and get shot at so i will send them all in with 1 tyrant and they will die! so what. then i send in a tyrant 3 guards and 6 carnis.
Gene stealers suck!!!!!!!!!!! they are slow not enough of em' and also they get wiped out fast. whats the point in a tyranid with a 5+sv they just get shot by bolters! Upgrade their saving throw to a 4+ so a you can get a save on a bolter and also it doesnt matter how mny point i use as loong as i fight 2-3 enemies. why do you need guants if not to die so after they die synapse aint an issue.
i gave my guarded tyrant all cc cuz he is gaurded and my guards will have devourers. get a codex, guards can only replace their talons with lashwhips, get implant attacks and flesh hooks.
also my winged needs cannon so it takes stuff down because as you said it will get shot at fast. Can not get shot at in CC, conversely a Venom "cannon" doesn't do anything in CC so get a double set of talons

I hope I didn't offend you I am merely trying to help.
thats what you said at the end but if you dont want to offend me you might want to think of something positive to say becuase theres no better way to correct something than by telling it how good it is first but stating what can make it better not how it is bad.

for fear of being given a bad ranking, rating whatever I will maintain a degree of civil behaviour, if your list had anything good in it I would commend you on it, but it appears I did not mention anything positive concerning your list, so one would logically assume...
Buy a codex! look at sample list that other Tyranid players have made, get a little more exposure to 40K. Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts